Menu

Economics project

Thought I would ask here for ideas.

I co-teach economics at a co-op. ("Co-teach" implying that I'm a glorified assistant.)

The main teacher has requested that I put together a year-end project that would be worth 30% of the final grade.

I have some ideas: personal life plan (micro - budgeting), production (creating a good and marketing it), and investment.

However, I thought it would be wise to get some other ideas. Anyone have any to throw out there?

Do the kids get to choose, or will they all do the same thing? That's one thing I think to think thru.

- My ds, for instance, is way into the national debt :)

- He also likes to make videos and power points, which could work with any project but especially some kind of current events project.

- I've also heard of kids making a board game as a project like that, which could be on a list of ideas for implementing the project or could be the project itself.

- Oh, and a retirement project. I remember thinking that was an "old person's benefit" when I first started working :)

Some resources might be the US Dept. of Treasury, which came to mind because they just sent me an email yesterday, and Project Based Learning (BIE.org).

Julie

Edited by Julie in MN