Menu

Essentials in Writing

Marsha

I'm planning to switch next school year (Aug). I just love the idea of dvd lessons, the ease of printing a worksheet for that lesson, and no need for a separate grammar program. I especially like the price and the fact I don't ever have to buy the same grade twice (or 3 times).

Will be switching from WWE/ FLL or combining them with Essentials?

If you are switching...what made you decide to?

We will keep WWE and FLL for this year. Next year we will also use WWE2, but will not move on to FLL 3. We enjoyed FLL and I think 1&2 were perfect for the ages we used it, but we'll be set on enough grammar with our other programs (essentials in writing and phonics road) that we won't need it.

Edited by Cindyz

I'm planning to switch next school year (Aug). I just love the idea of dvd lessons, the ease of printing a worksheet for that lesson, and no need for a separate grammar program. I especially like the price and the fact I don't ever have to buy the same grade twice (or 3 times).

Hi all,

For 3monkeys or anyone else who's been using EIW for a few months. Have you found the grammar component to be enough? We will be using this next year for Second Grade and I just want to make sure we don't need to supplement with an additional grammar program.

Thank you!

Edited by BigMamaBird

Hi all,

For 3monkeys or anyone else who's been using EIW for a few months. Have you found the grammar component to be enough? We will be using this next year for Second Grade and I just want to make sure we don't need to supplement with an additional grammar program.

Thank you!

I haven't started using it yet. However, there have been threads about the grammar being enough. I also asked the author and he told me the only thing I needed to add was spelling. So hoping this is the case!