Menu

Pictures of our new kitten!

If you read my previous post, we couldn't decide between her and the runt of the litter. Well, the runt sold. In fact they all sold quickly. Thankfully we had put a deposit on our first choice... She was ours all along! We named her Lyra. We're all so in love with her. Kiki and Ella (our other cats) not so much (yet ;)).

She's teeny tiny Bengal (a little over a pound), 7 weeks old, and eating like a lumberjack!

Edited by helena

Oh, she is soooo stinkin' cute! I wish I could give her a good snuggle.

Funny, reading your list of cat names... Lyra was on the short list and might have been my daughter's name, Kiki is one of my daughter's nicknames, and Ella on the short list of names I'd choose if I had another girl!

She is so cute and tiny!! Absolutely adorable. I haven't had a kitten in the house in many years...we keep getting adopted by adult cats. I miss the funny antics and extreme playfulness of a kitten. One of these days!!!

I'm the opposite. I'm hoping to eventually adopt one of the giant old cats that are always at the shelter. Somehow our cats are always tiny little females. :001_smile:

Oh, she is soooo stinkin' cute! I wish I could give her a good snuggle.

Funny, reading your list of cat names... Lyra was on the short list and might have been my daughter's name, Kiki is one of my daughter's nicknames, and Ella on the short list of names I'd choose if I had another girl!

That's funny! (I like your style)

The first person I told the name to said it was kind of weird! SOOO wrong :tongue_smilie:! I think it even looks pretty!

Thank goodness for pets to use up loved but unused names. :tongue_smilie:

Congratulations!

(And have fun schooling with a kitten. :lol: BTDT.)

I'm hoping to eventually adopt one of the giant old cats that are always at the shelter.
Our son wanted to adopt a cat several years ago from the shelter and he picked out the fattest, oldest cat they had! She had been at the shelter for months and "didn't show well," according to the shelter employees. She has really been a dream cat. Our own Garfield. Then we let our son adopt a second cat last year and he went for a brand new kitty. :lol: The kitty really perked up our older cat and she has been a great "mother" to the kitty. But, boy. Those kitties are something else. :001_huh:

Cute kitten! I'm curious, how did you come to the name Lyra? That is our youngest daughter's name- I found it on an adoption blog- they were adopting from the Ukraine.

We pronounce it Lyr (like the "lyr" in the beginning of the word "lyrical") -Ah. Some people mispronounce it as Lie-Ruh, which drives me nuts. :D

Cute kitten! I'm curious, how did you come to the name Lyra? That is our youngest daughter's name- I found it on an adoption blog- they were adopting from the Ukraine.

We pronounce it Lyr (like the "lyr" in the beginning of the word "lyrical") -Ah. Some people mispronounce it as Lie-Ruh, which drives me nuts. :D

I'm not sure where I first heard it... When I suggested it the girls were excited

because they knew it from The Golden Compass. Then once we read the meaning we knew we loved it (thanks ancient history studies! :001_smile:).

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Lyra.html

Lyr as in lyrical I how I always saw it!

I always pronounced it Lyr-a when I read Golden Compass, but then I heard the audiobook and the reader said Lye-ra. And now I have that awful Kate Bush song from the end of the Golden Compass movie in my head. LYYYYYYYYra!

Topic? That is possibly the most adorable animal I've seen in a very long time. I love that she's dwarfed by what is probably a fairly small kitty bed. And I just heard on the news that our local animal shelter has a glut of kittens. Oh, dear...

I always pronounced it Lyr-a when I read Golden Compass, but then I heard the audiobook and the reader said Lye-ra. And now I have that awful Kate Bush song from the end of the Golden Compass movie in my head. LYYYYYYYYra!

Topic? That is possibly the most adorable animal I've seen in a very long time. I love that she's dwarfed by what is probably a fairly small kitty bed. And I just heard on the news that our local animal shelter has a glut of kittens. Oh, dear...

Do it! Do it!

Love those markings and eyes. Congrats! We have a jet black cat with green eyes. The shelter said that black cats (and dogs) are hardest to find homes for, but black cats are my favorite. She looks like velvet.

Now, however, I want a bengal:tongue_smilie:.

Enjoy your gorgeous kitty!!!

We have a black cat too. :001_wub:

When we adopted her the girl made some comments about weirdos wanting them. :glare:

Oh she's SO Sweet!!!!!!!!

We have two Bengal kittens (9 months and 8 months old) and they are So. Much. Fun.!!!!

Enjoy!

Kris

That's what I keep reading, that they're like kittens forever. I'm glad because our siamese is aloof (but loving) and the bombay is a scaredy cat (but loving).

Do yours like water? Lyra got a bath yesterday at the vet and she told us that she loved it.

That's what I keep reading, that they're like kittens forever. I'm glad because our siamese is aloof (but loving) and the bombay is a scaredy cat (but loving).

Do yours like water? Lyra got a bath yesterday at the vet and she told us that she loved it.

LOL, oh yes!!!!!

This isn't our first set of bengal cats. We love love love bengals!! Of our first set, only one is still alive. A strange reaction to a vaccine caused the death of one kitty and the other lives with my MIL. We didn't want to take her with us to Japan, and it was a good choice for her. She is 7 years old and is a DOLL!!! She doesn't like to be picked up and thinks kids are generally evil, but if the kids are patient enough she'll play with them. She never liked water, but is as rambunctious as a kitten.

There are some pictures here of our current kitties: http://mommytobees.typepad.com/

Both of our bengals like water, Calvin (the younger) loves to hop into the shower with you. He'll sit outside a closed door, any closed door really, and cry and cry. He is loud!! My MIL was here over Christmas visiting and she had to let him in because he was louder than the water running noise. He is a kick! He'll run right into the shower and play at your feet. Mind you, he HATES being rained on!!!! So, while he plays OR when he runs out he'll yell at you 'cause YOU have to be making it rain on him. I had to shut him out last week when I had a bath....I just do. not. like. sharing the bath tub with the cat. Yuck! My dd doesn't mind though.... still.... yuck!!

Anyway, enjoy her!!

Kris