Menu

Disneyworld--did anyone go and not love it?

I'm not the person to ask.

I visited twice before my marriage and twice after and then ended up moving to Orlando to be closer. Every time I came down here, I hadn't even gotten home before I started talking about "next time."

My husband's life-long dream was to work for Disney. So, we moved down here and made it happen.

It's not just "an amusement park," though. I suspect folks who haven't been may have trouble grasping all that WDW is.

I'll be curious to see whether anyone who has been isn't happy.

I've been before (several times) and was "happy"

But I don't think its worth the amount of money it costs to go so we'll probably only end up going if we live nearby some time. Otherwise, there are just other places we'd rather go and spend our vacation $$s.

Edited by vonfirmath

I only went once in high school (so maybe it was my age??) but for me it was only ok. I've never had a desire to go back...which is KILLING my MIL who thinks I NEED to take my poor, deprived children. Between the expensive of Disney itself, plus hotel and airfare, I would rather use all that money for something else.

We just went two months ago as part of a road trip, and we had fun, but I don't think it was worth the money, although my kids would probably disagree. I actually had more fun just spending a day at Disneyland because Disneyworld was so huge and overwhelming. I would not want to go on an entire vacation just at Disneyworld.

Why are people so crazy for DisneyWorld? I just can't get excited about spending so much money on an amusement park vacation.

Did anyone go and think it wasn't worth the expense or time spent planning?

My parents took me when my brother and I were young and I hated most of it. I have always told my dc "If you want to go to Disney World, you'll have to grow up and take your own dc there." Unless it has changed dramatically since the early 90's, I would suggest Six Flags or any other smaller theme park.

We did like Epcot, though.

The reason we LIKE Disney so much isn't for the "amusement park", it is just the overall atmosphere, attitude you experience everywhere Disney. I don't need to be catered to on vacation (think Ritz), but I love knowing every one I encounter from beginning to end associated with Disney will have a good attitude (at least is great at pretending they do), everything is clean, and surprisingly, you rarely run into other guests with attitudes either.

I am in the camp of it was only OK and I think not worth the money. I have been to both Six Flags in Atlanta, and Bush Gardens in VA and enjoyed both of those more.

I was also older when I went, middle school. I live a little over an hour from there now and have only been to Epcot since being in this area. It was decent.

I read a a thread on here one time where plenty of people vocalized their dislike of Disney.

However- I wasn't one of them. :001_smile: We are annual passholders and my dc go pretty much on a monthly basis. That being said, I couldn't imagine spending as much to go if we had to drive in from another state and pay regular rates and admissions. I sympathize for the snowbirds.....

For us, the price of one annual pass is pretty much paid for after the first few visits. We average going about 15-30 times a year, so for us it's not so much the price that's the problem-- but the crowds. We've slowly been learning when to go and when to avoid it at all costs.

Given a choice between visiting a National Park or Disney, I would choose the National Park (or at least most of them:D) I prefer nature to artifice. That said,

I would also choose visiting the British Museum, the Met, the Monterrey Bay Aquarium, etc. over Disney. Perhaps I prefer institutions with an educational mission over entertainment?

Did I hate Disney? No. I went to Disneyland and Disneyworld as a child with my family. I felt an obligation to take my son but we rode along when my husband had a business trip to Orlando so the cost of the hotel was covered. My son enjoyed it but said that once was enough. I know that he would choose Hadrian's Wall or a segment of the Appalachian Trail over Disney.

Maybe we're just nature/history/art people. Shrug.

Me. I went and okay it is a check towards something in life but it wasn't a huge deal. But it was a huge cost. We might go back when the kids are older and explore Epcot on one of our vacations to something else in Florida.

I also felt horrible for some of the little kids I saw that were overwhelmed but being dragged around. I think some parents were intent on getting their bang for the buck and the heck with whether it was fun.

But I know some people adore it, and if you go often knowing you can't see and do everything in one trip it is a lot more fun.

Growing up our family went every year for about 7 years as our family vacation and I loved it. My DH and I decided on a whim to go to Epcot (we were visiting his parents who live in Florida) because both of us loved Epcot the most as kids. We were very disappointed. :(

We're going this year with our children and I'm hoping and praying it's worth all of the aggravation and expense. :lol: I guess I'll have to report back after we've gone. :D

I am in the camp of it was only OK and I think not worth the money. I have been to both Six Flags in Atlanta, and Bush Gardens in VA and enjoyed both of those more.

I was also older when I went, middle school. I live a little over an hour from there now and have only been to Epcot since being in this area. It was decent.

We feel the same way about Busch Gardens in Williamsburg! If you don't want to do the Florida vacation you just cant beat the combination of beaches, Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Busch Gardens/Water County!

We love it, but I will say I don't consider it an "amusement park vacation" along the lines of 6 Flags and so forth, which are all about the rides.

Disney is about the overall experience, imo, especially if you stay on site. There are many attractions that aren't rides at all, the themed resorts are fun, the customer service is generally stellar, and so on. We always get some form of the dining plan, and it's the one time of year my kids eat out all the time and know they can get pretty much what they want (Mickey Ears every day for sure!). They trade pins and talk to cast members (who are always friendly and ready to make answer questions, make a fuss over kids, etc). We park the car when we get there and stay in a magic Disney bubble for a week. And it's so absolutely and insanely CLEAN, lol.

Also, I insist that Disney is educational - EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, Hall of Presidents, animation class - you just have to work it a little! This year, we even bought Imagineering guides to some of the parks, and a few of the Disney Education videos (these go over stuff like the laws of motion or fluid dynamics in relation to Disney rides and attractions).

Still, nothing is for everyone. It's worth it for some people, and not for others. I think that going off-season helps tremendously, :D. But just like some people swear by staying on-site, and others prefer to be in a condo, some will love Disney and others will not.

Too much time spent in line for me for the money, I haven't ever gone and come out wanting to go again (only been twice). And with kids who run on the small side, only one would be able to go on all of the rides, it's not worth the investment to us. I remember being very frustrated by the same thing. I was a very small 5 year old, and ended up standing in line for the same few rides over and over because they were all i could do (this was back pre-Epcot, even though).

As an East coast Navy kid, we lived near Busch Gardens every few years, and I liked it better. Even on the trip when I was 5, I remember liking Busch Gardens Tampa more than Disney World, comparing them side by side in the same week (we went to Disney first).

Edited by higginszoo

I also wanted to add that I don't find it that expensive, compared to other vacations we have done. We are doing 6 nights, 7 days in January, 4 adults by Disney ages: resort, park tickets, and basic dining plan for just under $1,900. That can go up with nicer resorts and extras, of course, but it doesn't have to be insanely expensive.

I figure 6 nights/7 days anywhere is usually (for us) at least $500-$600 for hotel, and $500+ for food, and you haven't done anything yet.

Edited by katilac

I also wanted to add that I don't find it that expensive, compared to other vacations we have done. We are doing 6 nights, 7 days in January, 4 adults by Disney ages: resort, park tickets, and basic dining plan for just under $1,900. That can go up with nicer resorts and extras, of course, but it doesn't have to be insanely expensive.

I figure 6 nights/7 days anywhere is usually (for us) at least $500-$600 for hotel, and $500+ for food, and you haven't done anything yet.

Did you get a certain discount or promotion? :bigear:

Why are people so crazy for DisneyWorld? I just can't get excited about spending so much money on an amusement park vacation.

I don't know why people are crazy for Disney. Last time I was there (long story- free tix with a convention,) younger dd & I left after about an hour. I was physically ill, she didn't want to stay (she was maybe 5 or 6.) Older dd and dh stayed all day long. So I think it's just a matter of personal preference.

I went as a kid--hated it. This was in the 70s when you had tickets for each ride and my dad threw away all the tickets for the little kid rides (ones only I could ride) so I had to watch my older siblings do a lot of rides without me. This got me bratty and unhappy which got me spanked.

I went as a college student it was OK.

I took my family 4 years ago. It was expensive. It was worth every single penny. It was the first and only vacation that everyone in the family truly enjoyed. My dc are different ages, one has down syndrome and the oldest has issues related to anxiety and adhd. Oldest was 13, middle was 10 and youngest was 6. We got a special needs pass which allowed special entry for all of us to rides with youngest. We went as a group in the morning and split up after lunch. The special needs pass allowed ds to enjoy the parks--he was wiped out by lunch, without the pass he would not have done much. After lunch we let oldest go where ever he wanted--we stayed onsite and had park hopper passes. This permitted him to return day after day to Norway in Epcot and sometimes downtown Disney. He felt so independent. Dd and I ran around together after lunch. Additionally, my kids are gluten free. It was the first vacation I never worried about food. My kids got their own food without me frequently and never had a problem.

So, you can see I set it up so everyone could find something to enjoy. My family has very diverse needs and Disney allowed for that.

I would never recommend going for less than 4 days. I don't think it would be worth it.

I would also choose visiting the British Museum, the Met, the Monterrey Bay Aquarium, etc. over Disney. Perhaps I prefer institutions with an educational mission over entertainment?

. . . I know that he would choose Hadrian's Wall or a segment of the Appalachian Trail over Disney.

Well, most of my family would choose a museum or historical site over WDW, too. And my kids and I would choose a single Broadway show over a couple of theme park days, too. I always assumed, though, that was at least party because we do Disney so often.

We love it, but I will say I don't consider it an "amusement park vacation" along the lines of 6 Flags and so forth, which are all about the rides.

Disney is about the overall experience, imo, especially if you stay on site. There are many attractions that aren't rides at all, the themed resorts are fun, the customer service is generally stellar, and so on. We always get some form of the dining plan, and it's the one time of year my kids eat out all the time and know they can get pretty much what they want (Mickey Ears every day for sure!). They trade pins and talk to cast members (who are always friendly and ready to make answer questions, make a fuss over kids, etc). We park the car when we get there and stay in a magic Disney bubble for a week. And it's so absolutely and insanely CLEAN, lol.

Also, I insist that Disney is educational - EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, Hall of Presidents, animation class - you just have to work it a little! This year, we even bought Imagineering guides to some of the parks, and a few of the Disney Education videos (these go over stuff like the laws of motion or fluid dynamics in relation to Disney rides and attractions).

Still, nothing is for everyone. It's worth it for some people, and not for others. I think that going off-season helps tremendously, :D. But just like some people swear by staying on-site, and others prefer to be in a condo, some will love Disney and others will not.

:iagree: I don't think of Disney as an amusement park at all...I really don't like amusement parks!

It will certainly sound cliche, but for us, that first trip was simply magical. We are a low tech family, and are all about educational/natural beauty vacations. So for our kids, that Disney vacation was completely and utterly magical. We all had the best time; so much so that we returned the following year, and will be going back again in 6 weeks. For us, three times are enough. I do think you have to know how to "do Disney" though. IMO you need a plan, you need to know how to tour so you're not standing in lines all day, you have to know when to go so the crowds and heat aren't overwhelming. Also, it doesn't need to be outrageously expensive. I can't imagine spending the money to stay onsite, especially if I'm only getting one small room for that money. We spend about $2500 all told, and most of that is park tickets and dining (we enjoy their signature restaurants a lot). If you stay offsite and eat most meals in, it's no more expensive than any other vacation.

You won't find Disney haters here. We love Disney, and we find it educational. The China circle vision shows areas where my son came from. The hall of Presidents at the USA exhibit goes through all the presidents and the History of the US. Last trip my older two did a film/animation class and my younger did an Animal care class.

I love Kilimanjaro Safari as I grew up in Kenya and enjoy talking about the different species and their habitats and habits.

Oldest loves the drawing class at Hollywood Studios and would spend all day there if I let him.

When we lived in CA I had annual passes and loved being able to just pop down for the afternoon. We now have to make it a week long trip, but we do it because I love Disney.

My 7 year old can ride everything at Disney as the tallest you need to be for the highest restriction is 48" vs. taller for places like Universal or even our local amusement park. Most of the rides at Disney are 40" though and one can go on 90% of the rides without needing to be too tall.

We also go off-season. This last trip, the longest we waited in line was 20 minutes. If you know how to work it, you really don't need to wait, particularly during off-season. We also do a lot of single rider lines for rides we plan to go on several times. These include Test Track, Rockin' Roller Coaster, and Expedition Everest. My 7 year old was thrilled that he was finally old enough to do single rider this last trip.

I also don't find Disney all that expensive. Homeschool tickets are reasonable and we stay off-site for $149-$249 for a week in a 2 bedroom condo. That is less than $40/night. We eat a lot of our own food as well.

Dawn

Given a choice between visiting a National Park or Disney, I would choose the National Park (or at least most of them:D) I prefer nature to artifice. That said,

... I know that he would choose Hadrian's Wall or a segment of the Appalachian Trail over Disney.

Maybe we're just nature/history/art people. Shrug.

:iagree:

Give us a National Park or wilderness any time. My kids would much prefer to go backpacking in the desert or rock climbing.

So far, nobody in our family had the slightest desire for Disney.

Even if the people are friendly - it means there are people. Shudder.

We went a couple of years ago with kids ages around 11 and 9. My folks paid for the condo and the tickets. We all thought it was reasonably fun but I would not have thought it was worth it if we had paid. My kids enjoyed it but aren't clamoring to go back.

We live near an amusement park that has more exciting rides, my kids aren't into any characters, and it was expensive. I thought everything was nice but didn't think any one thing lived up to the hype. The staff was mostly pleasant but nothing amazing. A couple were even a bit on the surly side which was no big deal but I did wonder about the whole service reputation. I will say that it was really clean!

I'm not someone who is picky or hard to impress even if it sounds that way. It was all nice but no one thing was so amazing that I would consider it to be worth the money IMO.

I've been once. It poured, everything closed, and we were all wearing the exact same Mickey Mouse ponchos so I had to look at my dad's & great-uncle's feet to be sure I was following the right people. I just can't see going to so much time and expense to plan it and then it might rain and everything gets messed up.

My family did a four-night Disney trip last year - myself, hubby, 12 y/o ds and 14 y/o dd. It was not our cup of tea. The logistics were crazy, the park was chaotic and frenzied, and the trip was really expensive. I mean, we did have fun. But I'd rather spend my vacation money elsewhere.

We have been there twice now and not sure if we would pay to go as "regular" guests or not. We got 3 day park hoppers in March and then in Dec. as part of each girls' Make A Wish package.

We did have fun and enjoyed it but it seemed like it was hurry from one thing to another to be able to see/do all that you wanted in the time we had---they fatigue easier so no starting at 9 and going until 9pm.

I would say it would depend on the cost and the lines. If we could stay on site, get the dining plan and have at least 4 days of park hopper tickets cheaper, we might do it again.

Otherwise, we are talking about taking a trip out west---just driving and stopping to see what we want as we go, no real "have to be here at a certain time" thing. That way we won't be frustrated if we decide to all sleep in and then wander around a little park for a bit, etc. We though tend to be more of the laid back, no crowds type people.

I think if we go to Florida again, we would likely do Discovery Cove and Seaworld over Disney.

We didn't love it when we were there (I think we were overwhelmed) but now that it's been a year, we want to go back. I think we made a big mistake in not scheduling more "down days" while we were there. We were exhausted, and stressed out by the crowds and noise. I don't think we're big amusement park people. I'd like to go again, but not rush, space things out, and schedule plenty of time to relax by the pool.

We just got back on Dec 17th from a 2 week trip to DW. DH and I had been many, many years ago (not together) and this was our 6.5 year old twin boys' first trip to DW. It was a lot of money, but we stayed off-site at a great place for a great price and purchased 7 day tickets at a discount. It was a lot of planning and stress that fell on my shoulders. That being said...we had an AWESOME time. The boys loved the rides, many of the shows, the fireworks and parades. We ended up starting them on pin trading (spur of the moment) and we all 4 had fun with that for the rest of our trip. The boys got their passports stamped at each of the countries at Epcot, completed 2 Kim Possible missions, and enjoyed getting some character autographs and pictures. We made some amazing memories. We did go at a less busy time and the crowd levels for most days were between 1 and 3. We did go to one crowd level 5 day (to see the electric light parade) and that is probably the most crowded we would ever want to go. The weather was beautiful for the most part -- warm, but not humid. We feel really blessed to have had this opportunity.

That being said, DH and I do not need to go again for at least 4-5 years when the boys are older and will be interested in different things. The boys are ready to go back now :-). We were exhausted and we didn't even do extended magic hours or go to the parks everyday. We had down days where we rested or did a half day at something. It was not a relaxing trip, but I didn't expect it to be.

I am looking forward to our next vacation being at a beach house for a week and just chilling out and now having to plan too much :D. I will have to rest up for our next trip to Disney -- LOL.

I didn't go to Disney until I was 44 yo, and it was so much better than I expected. It is much more than an amusement park. Some of our favorite things were more on the educational side. One of the first things I want to do after my kids leave home is to go to Disney World with just dh. It will be much cheaper that way. :D

Edited by LizzyBee

My dh hated Disney when we where there for three days during our cross country trip last April. He 'mildly' enjoyed Epcot, but has no desire to ever go back.

The dc have been twice--I took them for a week long stay on property in '09 and then our past trip at Fort Wilderness. My oldest has also been to Disneyland. No one is interested in going again. Except me. Guess I'll have to go with a friend or something... :)

Did you get a certain discount or promotion? :bigear:

Yes, we always stay at an on-site value resort with a package that includes free dining. They offer it at various times of the year, but they only promote 4-6 months at a time. So you can't know what dates will be offered in fall yet (or if it will be offered; it has been since 2006, with various changes). We've done August, September, November, December, January (in 2 weeks!), and I think March.

I really recommend skipping August/September if possible. We find it brutally hot, and we live in Louisiana. It's so tiring that you can get just as much done in shorter hours during the off-season.

Pop Century is our favorite value resort; great food court and transportation.

We do a fair amount of advance planning, but partly because we enjoy it. If you go at an off-time, you really don't have to plan in order to see a lot. We also like to do stuff like find where old rides used to be, find places we haven't eaten at, and so on. Two years ago, we discovered the French patisserie in EPCOT for the first time - most of the parks have at least some great desserts and coffees you can get with a snack credit. This year, we got some new books for Christmas, and we're going to look for hidden Mickeys and some of the other details.

The person who asked this question has 4 children. So, just to clarify, this only works with a family of 4. If you have a family of 6, you have to stay at a resort that will accommodate 6 or get two rooms (double the cost.)

We have never found staying on property to be a value for our family.

Dawn

Yes, we always stay at an on-site value resort with a package that includes free dining. They offer it at various times of the year, but they only promote 4-6 months at a time. So you can't know what dates will be offered in fall yet (or if it will be offered; it has been since 2006, with various changes). We've done August, September, November, December, January (in 2 weeks!), and I think March.

I really recommend skipping August/September if possible. We find it brutally hot, and we live in Louisiana. It's so tiring that you can get just as much done in shorter hours during the off-season.

Pop Century is our favorite value resort; great food court and transportation.

We do a fair amount of advance planning, but partly because we enjoy it. If you go at an off-time, you really don't have to plan in order to see a lot. We also like to do stuff like find where old rides used to be, find places we haven't eaten at, and so on. Two years ago, we discovered the French patisserie in EPCOT for the first time - most of the parks have at least some great desserts and coffees you can get with a snack credit. This year, we got some new books for Christmas, and we're going to look for hidden Mickeys and some of the other details.

:lurk5: We've been thinking about going since it's some childhood must-have experience. This thread might ease some guilt.;)

Nope. Not a childhood must-have. I never went as a kid and ALL my friends did. I sure felt like I was missing out as a kid! My first visit was for a day. We were in FL with the in-laws and MIL got "sick" after about 2 hours. I was devastated. (MIL tends to exaggerate her illnesses to get her way.) Anyway, I LOVED what I saw and was determined to take my kids when I had them.

Fast forward a few years. We've been numerous times over the years. I think I love it more than the kids. But, they love it too!

All that to say that if you don't take them as kids, you may end up with a Disney addict as an adult!!! :lol:

t.

:iagree: It is just magical. Really! The customer service is SO amazing. I LOVE watching teenaged kids acting like little kids - wearing the hats with Goofy ears, getting pictures taken with the characters, etc.

I

I took my family 4 years ago. It was expensive. It was worth every single penny. It was the first and only vacation that everyone in the family truly enjoyed. My dc are different ages, one has down syndrome and the oldest has issues related to anxiety and adhd. Oldest was 13, middle was 10 and youngest was 6. We got a special needs pass which allowed special entry for all of us to rides with youngest. We went as a group in the morning and split up after lunch. The special needs pass allowed ds to enjoy the parks--he was wiped out by lunch, without the pass he would not have done much. After lunch we let oldest go where ever he wanted--we stayed onsite and had park hopper passes. This permitted him to return day after day to Norway in Epcot and sometimes downtown Disney. He felt so independent. Dd and I ran around together after lunch. Additionally, my kids are gluten free. It was the first vacation I never worried about food. My kids got their own food without me frequently and never had a problem. t.

Exactly! This is why we love it for our family. There is something for everyone. We have such a hard time when we go to museums because of the age difference in our kids. The three older boys like it. Meg gets SO bored going their pace. We love the National Parks too. We visit them. But, try to hike with a 5 yo and it's just HARD!! Disney has something for ALL ages - at the same time.

We actually chose Disney as a vacation spot because of my son's food allergies. They are wonderful and we really like not having to worry he's going to have a reaction.

I enjoy Disney because my kids like it. And, I LOVE it! The shows are incredible. The rides really fun. And, I like it because I get a week or two off of cooking!!!!

We've done several Disney vacations. We have close relatives that live near WDW resorts. We're really ho hum on the whole experience. It was fun for a couple days and then we were full up on the fantasy. We've received a steep discount when we go since SIL works there which is nice, because it wouldn't be worth it for full price for me. A couple days in the parks is really fun for the kids, but for the price I can think of many other things I'd like them to see across the country (and world) so it definitely wouldn't be a go to trip for us.

We just went in October and we stayed at Port Orleans and I wasn't impressed with that at all. I could not believe they didn't have a wireless access and/or free internet ($10 an extra for hard wire internet access). The food service was mediocre and slow. And we ended up carrying in our stuff from the parking lot to our room which was probably 1/2 mile (every visit to the car was 20 minutes round trip). Our room smelled musty and nasty and was very dark. The whole thing felt like herding cattle to me. It was much busier than I expected in October too. Previous to that we went in early January right after the holidays and that was much nicer for crowd control if you don't mind cooler. I'd prefer to stay off site if we went again.

The HIT of Orlando vacation was Harry Potter Universe! We LOVED that. Don't get me wrong, my kids enjoyed Disney Parks and would love to go back. But the crowds with the heat with the herding cattle feel of it didn't do much for DH or me.

:leaving:

FTR - my kids have 20+ jr. ranger badges from National Parks and Historic Sites. We're more a museum/national park vacation kind of family. On the same trip to Disney we also stopped at Carlsbad Caverns, camped 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains, and 2 nights in a National Seashore campground in Pensacola, FL.

Edited by kck

I wouldn't call myself a Disney hater, but I wasn't impressed.

In Disney's defense, we went in August and I have never felt heat like that in my life. It was misraeble.

That being said, I don't care for rides of any kind. Watching a ride practically makes me sick ;). I don't care for watching a "show" and I don't want to bring a bunch of Disney stuff home. We live a few hours away from a National Park, and I would rather go there, any day. Simple, quiet, peaceful is my idea of a good vacation.

It all depends on your personality whether Disney will be worth it to you or not!

We're Annual Passholders, but we spend most of our time at Epcot (family full of science nerds...what can I say?). Magic Kingdom has lost some of its appeal as the boys get older, but they still enjoy it.

I will say that since Legoland opened, that's the preferred theme park these days. We went back in November, and we're already planning the next trip.

As far as cost goes, I can see if you lived far away and couldn't make it to the parks but once a year. Annual passes are definitely the way to go. It makes the trip less expensive, AND Disney does monthly payments too.

Wait...what???? NOT love Disney??? :svengo: I actually thought some folks on this thread said they DON'T LIKE Disney World???? :blink: :001_huh: What is WRONG with you people?

I must have read that wrong. Yeah, that's it. ;)

Of course, that just means less wait time for those of us who drink the Mickey Kool-aid on a regular basis. :lol:

:iagree:

We haven't done Disneyworld but we did do a day at Disneyland a few months ago and my DS hated it. He kept asking if we could go home now. This was right on the heels of a fantastic Colorado hiking vacation and the only reason we went was to meet some friends who were in town. I think a lot of it is hype. DS had no idea what Disneyland was or who most of the characters were so he was judging it completely on its own merits without expectation. Based on his reaction we probably won't do Disneyworld. BTW, my son does enjoy Legoland and fair rides. Go figure.

Wait...what???? NOT love Disney??? :svengo: I actually thought some folks on this thread said they DON'T LIKE Disney World???? :blink: :001_huh: What is WRONG with you people?

I must have read that wrong. Yeah, that's it. ;)

Of course, that just means less wait time for those of us who drink the Mickey Kool-aid on a regular basis. :lol:

:D this thread is a bit depressing to me. I love Disney! We went last aug and are planning to return as soon as fantasy land is done!!

:D this thread is a bit depressing to me.

Au contraire, my friend! As a huge Disney (and Universal Studios!) fan, I am greatly encouraged by the disinterest of others in WDW.

(stage whisper): It means fewer people in line for rides and shows. ;)

I went to Disneyland as a child, and WDW three times as a teenager in the '90s. Then, dh and I took our son in Nov. '09 and Nov. '10.

I love camping, and have camped on the beach and in the mountains several times. I been river rafting twice and it was a blast. I've owned horses and love, love trail riding and done the beach riding thing. I love to travel and been to Paris, France and Cancun. I have visited the Smithsonian several times. I have done water skiing in California (once tried barefoot skiing!). I've gotten to spend Christmas in So. Cal. in a family friend's yacht watching decorated ships parade through the bay. I have been to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, VA (and the one in Tampa, FL). Where I live now, I can almost see Six Flags' towering rides I'm so close.

Point being, Walt Disney World (and Universal and other theme parks there) are unique and like nothing else. I enjoy natural vacations, and exotic locales, but danged if I still don't get a thrill every. ****. time. I walk through the Magic Kingdom's gates and catch sight of the castle.

Yes, it is really that awesome to me. :D