Menu

What is the significance of your avatar?

I refused to take many pix of my babies while in the NICU (a fact I sorely regret every.single.day) and had to force myself to take some once they came home. I now cherish those pictures and have to put them in front of me as often as possible so as to "soak" up some of what I missed.

I'm also is slight denial still that I actually had twins so the picture is a constant reminder that yes, they are here and yes, they are mine! :D

Mine is a porcupine, though it is hard to tell. It's supposed to play off of "Quill," even though my username is about writing, not porcupines. :001_smile:

It's me. Think I need to tweeze those eyebrows?

:lol: :D

I just changed mine. I change mine a lot. I used to always keep it the same, then dd begged me to keep changing and I'm on a roll. I love lots and lots of things. This one is from one of our (dh and I) favorite movies. :D

I try to change mine to reflect our current read aloud. Mind you I only do this IF the read aloud will last more then a week... I'm also behind.

But I do have a whole series of ones I have used, her eare some in no particular order:

Thomas.gifburgess.gifdragons.gifdolittle.gif

oz.gifpippi.gifwilbur.gifwindwillows.gif

I love your avvies.

Our family (and my hubby, especially) are all big Andy Griffith fans. Years ago, we labeled every one in the family the character that we thought they were most like. Somehow I was voted Thelmalou, which is funny, because "sweet" is not how I'd describe myself *at all*, but "sweet" is what I think of when I think of Thelma Lou. Anyhow, it stuck.

Didn't want to post a pic of me or the kids, so I chose the kittens!

The kittens are quite significant because dh was allergic for the first 16 years or our marriage....or so he thought. dd13 wanted a kitten so bad! Come to find out dh is not allergic anymore! We got them this past June. Our first pets other than fish or hamsters. :)

It's a bellydancer. This past year I finally gained the courage to step waaaaay out of my comfort zone and fulfill a lifelong dream of becoming a dancer. I felt particularly drawn to bellydancing. The costumes, the movements, the music, the costumes!!! I've been taking lessons since September and am loving.every.minute. of it! I can't move nearly as gracefully as the woman in the picture yet, but I hope to get there eventually. :)

It's a bellydancer. This past year I finally gained the courage to step waaaaay out of my comfort zone and fulfill a lifelong dream of becoming a dancer. I felt particularly drawn to bellydancing. The costumes, the movements, the music, the costumes!!! I've been taking lessons since September and am loving.every.minute. of it! I can't move nearly as gracefully as the woman in the picture yet, but I hope to get there eventually. :)

That's incredibly cool.

This thread reminded me to change my avatar. Now, it matches my username quite nicely :)

My previous one was me standing in the courtyard of our library/city museums next to the Grinch and his dog, Max. In the courtyard is also a massive book sculpture with the whole text of "Oh, the Places You'll Go" as well as a large Horton, Thing 1 and Thing 2, and The Cat in the Hat with his arm on Dr. Seuss's chair while he sits at a desk thinking.