Menu

The movie Moneyball?

I am not much of a movie person. I've sat through one movie in the past three months and that was, um, the one with kids in the 70's(or 80's) who were making a movie and witnessed a train derailment and there was a creature in it. Super Bad?

Anyway, with the exception of Bull Durham, I tend to love baseball movies. DH is a total movie buff and watches 1 every weekend.

We need a relaxing date night in together. So to get to the point, was Moneyball fun? Was it fast paced? Funny? Good baseball scenes?

He needs me to sit through a movie and I need a movie that keeps moving(not slooooow), fun to watch, and isn't gory or gross out humor.

Help?

I am not much of a movie person. I've sat through one movie in the past three months and that was, um, the one with kids in the 70's(or 80's) who were making a movie and witnessed a train derailment and there was a creature in it. Super Bad?

Super 8

We all really enjoyed Moneyball. It has the witty Aaron Sorkin influence. And a movie that celebrates math (and has a likeable and influential math nerd) is always good in my book.

But then again I'm a lifelong baseball fan. Had to explain that part to my kids.

Super 8

:lol: I mentioned this post to my DH and that I referenced Super Bad. Apparently they are two very different movies! Oops!

We all really enjoyed Moneyball. It has the witty Aaron Sorkin influence. And a movie that celebrates math (and has a likeable and influential math nerd) is always good in my book.

But then again I'm a lifelong baseball fan. Had to explain that part to my kids.

OK, this keeps sounding better and better. I'm a huge baseball fan, went to school for accounting, enjoy math/stats, and adored Studio 60 and Sports Night.

Is it out?? I missed seeing it in the theater but I am dying to see it.

January 10th on DVD and instant view through our cable company.

Thanks to everyone who replied, sounds like a great date night! DH is going to be thrilled!