Menu

Can I freeze this?

Everyone in our regular weekly potluck cancelled at the last minute. It's HOT here. So now I have thirty biscuits, made with milk, Bisquick and cheddar cheese, doused in garlic butter.

No problem, they make a hearty snack or light lunch . . . if I can freeze them. If I can't they will make a monotonous meal plan for the next two days.

I await the wisdom of the collective.

Everyone in our regular weekly potluck cancelled at the last minute. It's HOT here. So now I have thirty biscuits, made with milk, Bisquick and cheddar cheese, doused in garlic butter.

No problem, they make a hearty snack or light lunch . . . if I can freeze them. If I can't they will make a monotonous meal plan for the next two days.

I await the wisdom of the collective.

Or you could send them to my house :drool5:

I did call the moms in our local support group to see if they wanted to sup on the playground, but they're all busy. Fuddy duddys. ;) :001_smile:

The recipe is on the Bisquick box. It's simple and has no nutritional value. But they sure do go well with my partner's vegetarian chili.

Mix together 6 and 3/4 cups of Bisquick, 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, and 2 cups of milk. You might need to add extra milk. The mix should be easy to stir but not slimy.

I use spray on olive oil to grease a cookie sheet and drop about two heaping tablespoons of the mixture for each biscuit. On a cookie sheet, they spread out a little bit to become as big around as our chili bowls. I also make some in muffin tins, sprayed with olive oil, because the kids appreciate being able to pick them up with one hand. Spoon slightly less into each cup, maybe just one heaping tablespoon.

Bake them at 450 degrees until the edges are golden. It's not very long. You'll be in the kitchen anyway making the garlic butter. Melt a stick of butter with as much minced garlic as you can stand. When the biscuits come out of the oven, use a fork (as they'll be hot) to dredge them through the butter. They are best served hot.

Oh, and I don't know how much it actually makes. Tonight the recipe made eight big huge chili-bowl biscuits and 24 muffin pan biscuits.