Menu

European travelers: if you had only two full days...

...to see one of the following places, which would you suggest/choose: Paris, London, Madrid, or Dublin? We are headed from Germany to Barbados in early spring, and are considering a pit-stop on the way (to break up the long - can't het there from here flight). TIA!

Well, I've never been to the other cities, but London is my favorite city ever, so it gets my vote. There is so much there that you could spend weeks exploring, but you can also get a nice taste in just a couple of days - spend a few hours in the British Museum, Tower of London and the Victoria and Albert, and make a quick pass by Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace. There are countless other places that you could see in London, but those would be my top picks, I think.

Thanks! We really want to go to London while we are living in Europe, but I have a feeling we would need more than two days - and not sure if we'd return if we go now. OTOH, maybe we could do two days on either end of our main trip...

It's exciting to be able to live here, but overwhelming at the same time. I feel like there is so much to do / see and I worry we'll never get to it all (and realistically I know we won't) ;)

...to see one of the following places, which would you suggest/choose: Paris, London, Madrid, or Dublin? We are headed from Germany to Barbados in early spring, and are considering a pit-stop on the way (to break up the long - can't het there from here flight). TIA!

I've been to all 4 and I if I had to pick one, I'd pick Dublin. All of them would be great choices though and could certainly fill a weekend. I just found Dublin friendly and charming in a way the other cities weren't and is more approachable for just a couple days.

I haven't been to Dublin, but I'd pick Paris, with Madrid as a second choice (though for myself I'd pick Dublin since I've never been there).

Madrid's city center is compact and you can see a lot in a short time without having to deal with public transportation. It helps if you can at least understand a little bit of Spanish though (which is about all I can understand!)

And Paris is Paris! It doesn't really matter what you do there.

If going to London now means you will not be going back, then I say Paris. London is not to be missed, but needs more than two days. Now that I've been to Dublin, I do not reall feel a need to go back. If it doesn't have to be a city, there are a lot of other place in Ireland that are truly awesome.

So I vote for Paris. See Notre Dame, the Louvre, at least one castle...