Menu

HUGE Amanda Bennett sale

teeniebeenie6

I was on facebook and discovered Amanda Bennett is having all 12 days of her Christmas specials on sale again through the weekend. I skipped buying some earlier this week that I am excited to buy now. :)http://www.unitstudy.com/Specials.html I have no affiliation with AB I just like her stuff and thought some of you might be interested too.

I have several of her unit studies and have used a couple of them. I don't use a lot of her unit studies because there is so much of an online component and I like to use books more than the computer at this age. That said, we are taking a trip around the world and I use her unit studies for different countries as part of our studies. There is some really great stuff in those. There is a lot of info about the different countries that I would have never found on my own. I also LOVE the Who Am I? part of these studies. You do an animal from the region every day and then put clues on it with a picture inside. This is my kids FAVORITE thing about homeschooling because they can try to trick Daddy. I make my own when we aren't doing one of her studies.

The one week studies are really great for filling in time or just taking a break from whatever you are doing then. They are great for young kids because they have fun topics like Pizza and Dolphins.

Overall, I like her studies. I wish they were more lit based, but that is a preference of mine. Just my two cents!

We have done Magnificent Moon, most of Christmas and are working on Winter Wonders now. Magnificent moon was packed full of stuff, if you are doing it will a K like I was you really need to go through it in advance and pick and choose what you want to use. I didn't and it was a bit overwhelming. We stretched it for more then a week and could have stretched it even longer. Christmas was a four week study and was great, it has a lower level and upper level section. Winter Wonders is just plain fun.

I was reading her response to a negative review on her old Currclick page because of the heavy reliance on internet,(the reviews are still there but she doesn't sell there anymore) she said the internet links are there for our convenience. There is a huge book list in the beginning of the guide, so if you prefer to do it with books you can. I love personally love the internet links. Makes my day so easy, I can sit down with my kids and go through it. There are worksheets, movie links, information links. Most are 100+ pages. I am supplementing MFW with her units. It is giving us the little extra bulk I felt we needed. We also replaced a few MFW sections with her units.

Do you need to get other books to make these work?
I usually don't get any extra books, unless we have some already in our possession. We did for Christmas but they were books I wanted to get even if we didn't do her unit. There is enough info in the internet links if you don't want to get extra books. Edited by teeniebeenie6