Menu

Is there anything like R&S LA?

faiths13

I have read the great reviews of R&S, that it is very thorough and has lots of repetition. It sounds great, but we aren't Christian and I dont think my dc will go for the religious parts. Is there anything like R&S? Something still thorough with repetition, and inexpensive? Also, something not too teacher intensive would be great. And if you have a suggestion, does it have a writing program? If not, what writing program would you recommend with it? I would prefer something that can flow together if possible.

I've read a lot of great things about Hake Grammar and Writing (although most say they don't use the writing). I am in fact waiting on my order to show up. We've used R&S for the last 3 years and finally had to give it up. Hake is spiral whereas R&S is considered mastery, but from what I've seen myself and heard from others it seems to be similar in thoroughness. I've heard several saying that their dc are using it fairly independently too.

How's that for second hand information!:tongue_smilie: Anyway, it might be something for you to look into.