Menu

Mom when can we go to the art gallery?

This was asked by my 13 yr old son tonight. I love that they are into that kind of stuff. I was coming up with my list of fieldtrips and such I want to do in the next 6 months and he has asked me to include that. How many 13 yr old boys (outside of homeschooled ones) actually ask to go to art galleries? I know none of my kids friends would ask to go. In fact many kids that have heard of the places my kids love to go (museums, botanical gardens, nature centre etc) have laughed at them for a) wanting to go at all, and b) for wanting to go with a parent. It's a fate worse than death apparently to go to an art gallery with your mom at 13 yrs old. I am so so glad my kids don't think so ;) It is on the schedule for the end of this month :D (Currently pricing out and planning our up coming performances to order tickets for live theatre and the symphony both things the kids all love as well,) Ack! I am raising cultured kids. Unsocialized sure, but cultured ;)

The next question would be: is there one to go to? reasonably accessible.

Also: what is the entrance charge?

But a good question to ask, to want to go.

to answer question #1 there is one in the city we used to live in, 2 hours from here. So we will be going but will plan it around a day we already planned to go to the city.

To #2 cost is $26.50 for all 5 of us to go. Not a bad price, especially when it is an activity he wants to do.

Thankfully he has not asked about going to an aquarium or something, those would require a trip to a whole other province :D

to answer question #1 there is one in the city we used to live in, 2 hours from here. So we will be going but will plan it around a day we already planned to go to the city.

To #2 cost is $26.50 for all 5 of us to go. Not a bad price, especially when it is an activity he wants to do.

Thankfully he has not asked about going to an aquarium or something, those would require a trip to a whole other province :D

swellmomma:

This is great. My more rhetorical questions were more in general terms, really. The price of museum tickets is a bit of an issue in some places; great that you guys have reasonable rates at an accessible place.

Some museums purpose is truly educational. Others may have had this purpose originally, but the people in charge see it in cash terms.