Menu

What is your dogs name?

Biscuit is our westie/scottie mix and he was named after the Biscuit books my kids read to me when they were learning to read. Karma is our chocolate lab/weimer mix (we think, she is a former shelter dog) and my teenage daughter named her. My daughter is really into yoga and reading a lot about Buddhism right now. Karma often spends weekends at the office with me. :)

Our previous dogs have been: Chili Dog, we called her chili (a chihuahua), Wolfgang, and Baxter.

Our cats are Mango and Bagel. Evidently we love the food names.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buck was named after the dog in "The Call of the Wild". Oldest DD had just finished the book and thought the name fitting. Our Buck is perfectly content with his role as spoiled house pet though.

Jake was a shelter rescue. The animal control officer who fostered him called him Peanut, but he does'nt look like a Peanut. He just really looks like a Jake and was responding to the new name within minutes.

Biscuit is our westie/scottie mix and he was named after the Biscuit books my kids read to me when they were learning to read. Karma is our chocolate lab/weimer mix (we think, she is a former shelter dog) and my teenage daughter named her. My daughter is really into yoga and reading a lot about Buddhism right now. Karma often spends weekends at the office with me. :)

Our previous dogs have been: Chili Dog, we called her chili (a chihuahua), Wolfgang, and Baxter.

Our cats are Mango and Bagel. Evidently we love the food names.

I love all of your pet names!! I always wanted to get a Beagle and name it Bagel :) I like food names for pets!

Your puppy is adorable! Whenever we look for pet names we look for either a distinguishing mark or characteristic that goes with the dog. Dd has added the idea of using historical names. Maybe you want to wait until he's with you for a few days before deciding?

We often joke that our next dog will be named Ashurbanipal after the last of the great kings of Assyria who called himself "king of the universe'. It would be a hilarious name for a teeny tiny dog. We probably should have used it on our Springer as I have seen him spread out on the couch with a look that says he's king of the universe. :lol: He's slowly learning he isn't, but I don't think he'll lose that regal look.

We have Bandit, the Border Collie. He came with his name and we kept it because he comes running whenever he hears pretzel or potato chip bags rustling. He also used to get into the trash.

Our newest is Miles Standish, named by my daughter. According to her, she picked that name because "he is an English Springer Spaniel and they are thought to have come over on the Mayflower and so did Miles Standish." He is as bold as Miles Standish too! Dh and I thought briefly about keeping his name Jackson as named by the breeder. We were thinking of calling him Jackson Browne (partly b/c of his color) since our first date was to a JB concert. When I looked at the names of AKC registered English Springers there were already 7 Jackson Brownes! I think it's after 8 that the AKC retires the name. I only looked out of curiosity since we already decided to let Dd name him.

Our ASCOB Cocker is Freckles , named by Ds because he has a smattering of Freckles on his nose.

post-2427-13535086333099_thumb.jpg

post-2427-13535086333099_thumb.jpg

We had a beagle/basset hound mix who was always found sleeping. We named him Thor.

American Eskimo named Rizzo (I say from Grease, dh says from the Muppets).

Our mix is Marshall after one of my favorite movies "We Are Marshall".

We are looking to get a dog for our kids (Marshall is my baby), and when I asked them what they wanted to name a boy dog they said, "George Stephanopolous". No joke.

I am secretly praying we choose a boy dog just for that name! :lol: