Menu

What is your dogs name?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have a dog now, but if we get one, it will either be named Dax or Porthos.

They might both be Star Trek references. :blushing: I know Porthos isn't only a Star Trek reference, but for us, it would be!

I think you should get three and name them Porthos Aramis and D'Artagnon.

Or maybe not. :tongue_smilie:

Your puppy is adorable.

We have a blue tic hound -- his name is Guidry -- named for NY Yankee pitcher Ron Guidry -- whose nickname was Louisiana Lightning. Stay with me: Louisiana - French, blue tick hounds French origins and we knew if we ever adopted a dog, he/she would be named for NYY player.

post-10544-13535086040203_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535086040203_thumb.jpg

We have "Odie" or "Otis" depends on the day ;) He is a Boston Terrier. We picked the name for him. And now we just got "Bella", who was already named when we got her. She is a German Short Hair Pointer. We did not want to change "Bella" thinking it would just be harder for her.

Casper

Bella

Carolina

We didn't name any of them!

Casper was born in '94 and the family who had him had 3 little girls who had just seen the Casper movie. He died in '06.

Bella belonged to another family, yup, with all girls, who named her after the Disney movie.

Carolina was also from a family with all girls (I see a pattern here!) but they were from Florida and came to visit NC and found her and named her Carolina before moving here.

Dawn

The word that begins with a T and means means "wizard" in Dutch. He is a Belgian Tervuren. His nickname is Yo-yo because when DS1 was very young he could not say the Dutch name.

The other one is Daisy. She was named by the rescue that saved her, not by us. We call her Doodles most of the time.

Our first dog was a Kira-- she came from the rescue center as a 'Farrah'--but we DID NOT want that name... the first night we had her she perked up any time someone said Kira (Star Trek Deep Space Nine)... so it stuck! She was a black and tan shepherd/corgi mix--imagine a 'sawed off' shepherd!

The next year Sisko joined our family (THE. BEST. DOG. EVER.) He was a black and tan full German shepherd.

When Kira left us (after a LONG life) Geordi (we spelled it Jordi cause it was easier to remember) joined us-- He had a short but very sweet life-- he was an x-large 'classic' black and tan GS.

Geordi's best friend on Star Trek was Data-- and since Data had white skin-- when Sisko left us (another LONG life) Data joined in... Data was a solid white German Shepherd. Like his best friend Jordi, Data also had a short life... we lost him just after Thanksgiving to cancer.

After Jordi left us unexpectedly (his kidneys never fully developed and they could not handle his huge size)-- Tasha (first season Star Trek Next Generation) came to us via a local rescue center-- she is a white GS--not a 'quality model-- definitely a back yard breeding-- but she is very very sweet.

Now Tasha is our only dog...

This spring/summer we will be getting another white German shepherd puppy-- we really want another black and tan but Data's breeder is giving us one for FREE-- so that trumps a $1500 puppy! We are in the process of choosing names... I like the name Riker--but he needs to be a black and tan-- so the family came up with Dax (another Deep Space Nine) or Trip (Enterprise)... I like both names-- 'Trip' would be a fun name...

• 1 month later...

Our Golden is Riley. Came to us named.

The dogs I walk are:

Spot (designer small mix of something cute)

Bailey (lab)

Ranger and Mosby (black and yellow labs)

Sunny and Cola (poodles)

Jake (beagle)

Stryker (brown short haired mix)

Smash and Sammy (dachshunds)

Ruby (poodle)

Shadow (black cocker span) and Capin (long a sound--Golden)

Scooby (westie)

My friend's daughter and her hubby have a dog named Kick. :glare:

On a side note, wouldn't it be a great exercise of kiddos on WTM to graph these names and find out which is the most popular? :D

My current dog is Fluffy - he is a miniature poodle and is fluffy. Other dogs I have had Scruffy- a West Highland White Terrier, Ezekiel (who we called Zekie) a mini poodle/terrier mix, and Nemesis, a bloodhound.

My cat names were Tsareen N'ktashi, a shaded silver; Yorick, a Seal Point Siamese, Dionysus, a Seal Point Siamese, and Zorro, a very large Domestic medium hair or possibly a Turkish Van and he had the markings of a cape and mask.

Our Boston Terrier is named Sampson. We named him 11 years ago, I don't remember any specific reason. We did have a stray cat we adopted named Delilah as a joke. It was made even funnier when they got into a fight and she scratched him, leaving a permanent bald spot:)

My dogs growing up were Hushpuppy, after the seafood restaurant cornbread balls (I was 3), and Sandy, for the dog in Annie.

Clive Staples Lewis. We tried calling him C.S., but settled on Lewis and it fits him well.

He's a pure bred cocker spaniel, but not from a breeder. His litter was an accident, however the owners were lucky and it was the cocker spaniel (unrelated) down the street who fathered him. He is a black and tan.

Faith

Labrador is named Holly.

English mastiff is named Domi (pronounced: Dough-me, after the hockey player).

DS7's mouse is named Minnie.

DS9's gecko is named Phineas.

Panther Chameleon has two names. We let our facebook friends name him, and the winner was 'Puff the Magic Dragon'. Dh and I call him Epsilon.

So cute! I don't have dogs by my BILs have picked fun names for their dogs. Founder (because he found her) and Seeya (because when you opened the door, she'd run)

:lol: Those are hilarious!

Our current black lab/mix is named Poley. He's only about 25 lbs but he has a deep chest and has quite a loud bark that he uses liberally. :glare: When we got him the neighbors were joking about him having a Napoleon complex, a small dog barking a lot/loudly, it fit and we couldn't come up with any other options so his given name is Napoleon but we call him Poley. The other name in the running for this dog was Rocket, because he loves to fetch but it just didn't roll off the tongue.

Other dog names my family has had:

a Scottish terrier named Mac

a coon hound named Babe

a golden retriever named Copper

We have Oreo named for the cookie :D

We were taking care of three half pits we called them Shilo, Milo. Kilo

We once had a mastive named Shush that went along with our cat Hush

Oreo had a brother named Meatball sadly we lost him when an idiot rammed into our front yard :confused:

My daughter likes Coke and Pepsi for dogs lol!

Our labradoodle is named Emma, I asked dh to name her, hoping it would help him bond more with her- me being the mom-dog> tend to bond well.

In the same litter, another family named their puppy Whimsy. I thought that was a great name!

Our dog's name is Rosco. We have also had dogs named Butch, Red, Dusty, Niko (pronounced NEE-co), and Sam.

My cats' names are not perticularly "catty" (other than Mr. Meowgie) and the boys are Blue, Rex, and Percy.

We also had two roosters with names - Hootie and Charlie.

Edited by Tree House Academy