Menu

Grrr...another "would you eat it" question.

I bought frozen brown rice packets at Trader Joe's yesterday afternoon, and they were inadvertently left in the car until this afternoon. It's not super warm, and not super cold--probably low 40's at night and low 60's today. Car was parked in the garage and out of the sun.

Trash, or ok?:bigear:

I bought frozen brown rice packets at Trader Joe's yesterday afternoon, and they were inadvertently left in the car until this afternoon. It's not super warm, and not super cold--probably low 40's at night and low 60's today. Car was parked in the garage and out of the sun.

We're the packets still cold? If they are still cool to the touch I'd probably use them tonight, but I wouldn't put them back in the fridge/freezer.

We're the packets still cold? If they are still cool to the touch I'd probably use them tonight, but I wouldn't put them back in the fridge/freezer.

:iagree:

If the bag feels cold to the touch, I'd eat it after heating up really well.....if warm or warmer than it'd feel coming out of the fridge, I'd toss it.

:iagree:

Just brown rice. The packets were cool, but not cold. It's too much for us to eat tonight, even if we wanted to. {sigh}

I almost always vote "toss it" in the Would You Eat This threads, but if the only ingredient is brown rice, I think I'd cook it all, eat some tonight, and then promptly refrigerate the rest to eat tomorrow night. I'd probably take the rice out of the packets and boil the rice in water, though.

Is there a toll-free number on the package that you could call? I'm very big on calling and asking. :001_smile:

My general rule is that if I have to ask someone else if they would eat it or not, I probably shouldn't eat it.