Menu

I want to buy an awesome waffle iron

Waring Pro WMK300

It's the kind that flips; they have them in hotels where you can make your own waffles in the breakfast area. I asked for it for Christmas this past year. (Sam's also carried a similar model a couple of years ago, but I haven't seen them there lately.) The waffle maker I actually got for Christmas was a cheap-o one that my MIL picked up at JC Penney. I used it 3 times -- or tried to, anyway, and won't use it again. The waffles stick (whether you use non-stick spray or not) and are never evenly done. MIL thought the waffle maker was a great idea, so when she bought mine, she also bought one for her and FIL. She mentioned to me a few weeks ago that she doesn't like theirs either.

Michelle's, except it's square. I also got it at Williams Sonoma. Love it. We're having waffles for dinner tonight, actually, since 2 of the kids saw the dentist today and need something relatively soft. This is our second one. Our first one lasted about 8 years. We bought the same thing again because we loved it so much. It's pretty heavy. I use a "flour" spray made by Crisco and spray once before the first waffle and again half way through the batch. We like to add chocolate chips, nuts, or other stuff to the batter more often than not. Mark Bittman, New York Times columnist and author of How to Cook Everything, has a fabulous recipe called Overnight Waffles that I love. Simple and delicious!

I'd like to get my dh an awesome waffle iron for father's day. Any suggestions? I'm willing to pay for quality.

Do you live big deep belgium waffles, smaller waffle house waffles or some where in between? I like the one I have it makes medium size waffles it is Protor silex and makes 4 waffles at a time. DH would like to get one that makes waffles smaller like waffle house and I want a belgium flip kind. With 3 growing boys I may need all three:D

Presto 03510 FlipSide Waffle Maker

I got this Belgian waffle maker from Amazon.com, and it's been awesome! You can't beat the price (only $39), and it works beautifully. It flips (like professional models), so the huge waffles come out perfectly fluffy, and they pop right out of the pan with a fork and the flip of your wrist. I like that it can be locked in a vertical position, and has a stubby handle, so it can be stored in a very small space. It has a timer, but the iron itself isn't automatic (It doesn't shut itself off). I've only had it about six months, but haven't had any problems.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TYBWIG