Menu

SSL - Can this be done well in 3 x a week?

FairProspects

Due to some other commitments (co-op, preschool pick-ups) I really only have 3 days a week to fit in SSL right now. Do you think that would be enough, or would we be better off waiting until next fall? I was planning on using it as a fun intro to Latin before we move onto a more grammar-based text next year. I know language is one of those subjects that sometimes needs more frequent practice, so I'm wondering if 3 x a week would be enough of an intro.

We do SSL once a week, plus we intermittently listen to the CD in the car or sing the songs. My 6yo has great retention from just that. It takes us very little time to get through a lesson, so we usually add some review games.

p.s. I posted a couple posts on our SSL adventures. When I first started out we literally only did the songs and games. We didn't even attempt the workbook until my dd was writing comfortably.

Now, she is comfortable writing so we started the workbook for her K year and she LOVES it.

Here is a more recent update and shows how I try to include my younger kids.