Menu

What hangs above your bed?

A dried flower arrangement/wreath kind of thing that needs some serious dusting, and an old, really adorable print of a young boy and girl on a bench with the boy, very shyly, giving the girl a bouquet of flowers. My husband framed it in shop class when he was in junior high. We don't have a headboard, just a lot of pillows propped up and the picture and flowers are fairly low on the wall. The walls are all still the same white they were when the house was built.

When we lived in Germany I bought a really old painted wooden chest. It was super-cheap because the wood had largely been eaten up by woodworms on the inside (they eat the inside of the wood itself, the chest had been treated, button cannot repair that kind of damage). The chest did not survive the move back to the US. But, we salvaged the front with its old metal lock and my hubby framed it in so that it wouldn't fall apart any more. That is what is hanging above my bed now.

Other than a cloud of loneliness, nothing :lol:

In my old house I had a big painting mounted on the wall above the bed but have not since we moved here because I do not have the bed I want set up in there yet (the bed frame I want to set up is a queen, I only have a double mattress right now). Once I get that bed in there I can look at actually hanging things on the wall.

Nothing, I never had.

But my parents have a sketch painted by my uncle. It's off lots of naked woman running around and lieing down. It's as if he sketched a woman, and then without getting a new piece of paper sketched another one half ontop of her. So you can see through one woman onto the next one.

I have always :ack2: that picture. Because of it I can't even think of having a picture it my room since seeing it would remind me of my uncle's sketch.

What is hanging directly above our bed is a ceiling fan. What's behind our bed is a window. I don't think we have ever had anything actually hanging behind our bed when it was up against a full wall. When I was single I used to have 3 pictures framed of Japanese silk flower prints, but I think my dh thought they were too feminine for our room together.

I am proud to say that I have some sort of artwork on every wall in my house. It only took 30 years for that to happen! :lol:

I have...I don't know what to call them. Three hammered metal...shields? I found them at Hobby Lobby. They're about 12" square...wait...two are square, one is an octagon. ARGH. Maybe I'll take a picture.

When we moved to this house, I was determined to have *something* on every wall, and for every window to have curtains. I can check those off my bucket list. :lol:

nothing--LOL we've lived here for 10+yrs and our bedroom's still WHITE....picked out paint but hubby hasn't finished painting the trim in the hallway :glare: -the bedroom's supposed to be the next project :glare: I do have a few pics in the bedroom but it is kinda bare....

We were in our last house for 16 years, and my bedroom didn't get painted until we put it on the market to sell so we could move here. It takes us a loooong time to decide on some things, such as color for the bedroom. I decided when we moved here that I was too old to take 16 years to make a decision, so all rooms were finished in less than two years. ::pats self on back::

Framed print of La Belle Dame Merci by Sir Frank Dicksee, a painting I've always admired....

http://www.illusionsgallery.com/LaBelleDame-Dicksee.html

goes with my horsey theme and romantic for a bedroom! Also contains the colors in my comforter and window treatments (but that was just a bonus). It was a gift from my husband that finally found a place to hang about 7 years ago when we repainted.

We've lived here for almost 9 years and still haven't decorated the master. I need some ideas on what to hang on the wall behind our bed. What's hanging on yours?

tia

A framed and matted pic of dh and me on our wedding day.

Edited by Scarlett

Yes the cats are gorgeous! So are the pics!

The colors in the framed photos go so well with the throw pillows. But then the black and gray of the cats just set it all off so well. :lol: Seriously, it's such a pleasing photo that I had to look again! (Plus, I had a black cat as a kid and have a fondness for them.)