Menu

How come I can still buy it online?

I am currently on Day 7 of the low calorie diet and am down 8 pounds. I feel SUPER good and haven't been hungry at all this round. My DH is down 10 and he's not hungry either, this is his first round.

In June I completed my first round and lost 17 pounds. Due to hair loss I decided to wait before trying a second round. I kept the weight off without dieting at all from June...through several vacations and Thanksgiving!...until just before Christmas when I gained 4 pounds. In all honestly though I probably would have lost those after the candy went by-by. Anyhow, I had been struggling with my weight for years. I had gained 30 lbs and could not get it off no matter what diet or exercise regime I tried. Oh, I could lose some weight but keep the weight off? Nope. With HCG though, I lost 17 pounds in 30 days and my metabolism was actually reset somehow. The fact that I could eat anything (well, apparently anything but copious amounts of Christmas goodies) and not gain weight tells me that the hcg did something

Anyhow, all that to say I am happy to be losing again. I love the HGC diet. But I'm just confused by the comments that it's illegal, I had no problem finding many places online selling it. :confused:

It is the "fake' hcg that they are saying is illegal. There are products claiming to be hCG that have NO hCG in them.

It is not illegal to obtain regular hCG, either how it was originally done or a very low dose (homeopathic).

I order the real stuff, the same as you'd get from any doctor. There are also doctors who prescribe it as well as programs through which you can go. I don't hear hCG commercials anymore, but the ones I had heard were clinics.

I am not currently doing or planning to do hCG. However, I do think it is a valid diet. My results spoke for themselves.

Edited by 2J5M9K

The homeopathic stuff is illegal, too.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/DrugSafetyPodcasts/ucm282161.htm

They just began to send out warning letters this month, so it will probably take some time to get it off the market completely.

Regular homeopathic remedies are not illegal, so I am assuming they are just targeting the websites/companies that claim it for weight loss along with the 500 cal diet.

Leave it to the FDA to try and take something away that actually works. :tongue_smilie:

Regular homeopathic remedies are not illegal, so I am assuming they are just targeting the websites/companies that claim it for weight loss along with the 500 cal diet.

Leave it to the FDA to try and take something away that actually works. :tongue_smilie:

I don't know for sure. The way I understood it was that any homeopathic products with HCG in them are now illegal.

I think part of the problem is probably that, no matter which supplements you take with it, a 500 calorie diet is just dangerous for too many people.

I don't know for sure. The way I understood it was that any homeopathic products with HCG in them are now illegal.

I think part of the problem is probably that, no matter which supplements you take with it, a 500 calorie diet is just dangerous for too many people.

Smoking cigarettes is dangerous for too many people as well, yet I don't see them banning tobacco. :glare:

500 calories does seem rather skimpy, I admit. I don't know if I actually stay within the 500 cal range, because I eat as much veggies as I want, and I eat veggies not on protocol. I eat slightly more protein and I take vitamins, including Omegas, and I even use spray on salad dressing...or if I am out to eat I will get dressing on the side and just dip my fork in it periodically for flavor. I honestly feel like it's plenty of food though, it's just a very bland diet, so psychologically it can be hard at times. While my kids are eating stuffed baked potatoes with their steak, I am eating a broccoli, cauliflower, carrot blend with mine. When my kids are having ice cream in the evening, I am eating an apple or an orange. Their food tastes better, but I am definitely eating healthier than they are. ;) This diet is the only time I eat this much fruit and vegitables...normally I live on carbs. :lol: LOVE my carbs. :D

Anyhow, I'm just not sure it's the FDA's job to monitor peoples food intake.

[eta I've noticed some websites selling hhcg, now offering 1200 calorie diet plans. That should make the FDA happy]

Whoa,,,, I just read the reviews on Overstock and I've never seen such positive reactions to a weight loss product.

I think I'm ordering :D

ACK! Don't pay those prices! These are the ones I use: http://www.lyonsproteinsource.com/Homeopathic_hCG_p/meridianhcgpellets.htm One bottle of pellets...which I prefer...will last you through one round.

ACK! Don't pay those prices! These are the ones I use: http://www.lyonsproteinsource.com/Homeopathic_hCG_p/meridianhcgpellets.htm One bottle of pellets...which I prefer...will last you through one round.

Thank you! I need a jumpstart desperately! I've been blaming my extra 50 lbs. on baby weight, but since my youngest just turned 9, I am out of excuses :lol:

OK, I went to the Meridian Health Labs website where I ordered my pellets just before Christmas, and they no longer sell them. They instead sell an "alternative". So apparently some companies are caving to the pressure, and my understanding is that Meridian hadn't even been contacted by the FDA yet.

Arg.

I can find them on other websites though, but I wonder how long that's going to last. Kinda stinks.

Yep. ;)

Melissa, the clip I saw of some FDA lady talking about this ... she looked like she could do with some hcg herself :tongue_smilie:.

Not dangerous for most - if the protocol is followed correctly, you are operating on approximately 3000 calories per day (2500 of your own fat calories are released and the 500 you're taking in, so you are not starving.

You definitely learn about portion size because you are eating so little. Most people who talk about the dangers of it are not well-read on this diet and have not even tried it.

It's not designed to be a long-term diet.

P2 is for 23 or preferably 46 days.

P3 is maintenance for 3 weeks.

P4 should be life.

I've never seen such positive reactions to a weight loss product. I think I'm ordering :D

Read, read, and read some more before starting this diet. Research and timing are everything. :)

Smoking cigarettes is dangerous for too many people as well, yet I don't see them banning tobacco.

I know. Exactly. And we all know the FDA is completely trustworthy, too. 100%. :lol:

I eat as much veggies as I want

Anyhow, I'm just not sure it's the FDA's job to monitor peoples food intake.

[eta I've noticed some websites selling hhcg, now offering 1200 calorie diet plans. That should make the FDA happy]

I know. As long as we smoke cigarettes, guess it's all okay. :tongue_smilie:

I can find them on other websites though, but I wonder how long that's going to last. Kinda stinks.

Yes, it does. But dh tells me that there will always be a way. Rx is not legal and people get it imported. Hhcg might not be legal for much longer. There will be a way. In the meantime, I may very well stock up for next year's round. I try to go on hhcg once a year. If it becomes hard to find, I'll probably do Rx, although that does not appeal to me at all. Injections and all the prep work is not my idea of fun.

The way some react to this approach, you'd think one was attempting to kill cats or something. :lol:

First, the media gets all upset and cranky when people are overweight and obese. Then when people actually start losing weight from hcg, they realize that they're not making $$$ from it (authors of different books, programs, etc.). I've seen articles by authors of different diet books bashing hcg. Their knowledge of hcg is diddly squat. But they're boo-hooing since it may affect their beloved book sales and programs. So they get all upset once more.

Makes me laugh! They start complaining when people actually do lose weight. You can't win either way!

Do you normally mock people for their weight or is it just because she works for someone you disagree with?

The latter.

Normally, I never, ever judge others' weight. Who am I to judge. I mock her because I don't like her. :) Hope that's okay. I'm not perfect and have never claimed to be. :)

ETA: Plus, it's nice to have a good giggle at an otherwise rather annoying situation.

Thank you! I need a jumpstart desperately! I've been blaming my extra 50 lbs. on baby weight, but since my youngest just turned 9, I am out of excuses :lol:

Yeah, my youngest is almost 9, so I think I've run out of time to use that excuse!

I think the drops at Walmart aren't the real thing - they don't have actual hcg in them. Could be wrong, but that is what I have heard. As far as other companies still selling them, I think there is a grace period, but not sure how long that'll be.

I ordered all mine off a site called GFC. Only $20 a bottle and they ship very quickly. I lost 17 pounds in 21 days on my first round, and am gearing up for round 2 in February. in the meantime I'm doing South Beach. I feel so much better than I did before - this diet (hcg) really helped me adjust my portion sizes, and clean up my diet. Seems to target fat well too - I lost 4 inches off my waist alone! I was very skeptical before I tried it.

500 calories seems dangerous not because of the calories, but because it would be hard to get all the needed vitamins and minerals and fats. Fats ARE essential...that is why they call them essential fatty acids, lol. How do you get enough on 500 cal a day? calories released from fat stores don't supply you with needed nutrients, just energy. it is the nutrients that are concerning to me. Hair loss is NOT a good thing.

500 calories seems dangerous not because of the calories, but because it would be hard to get all the needed vitamins and minerals and fats. Fats ARE essential...that is why they call them essential fatty acids, lol. How do you get enough on 500 cal a day? calories released from fat stores don't supply you with needed nutrients, just energy. it is the nutrients that are concerning to me. Hair loss is NOT a good thing.

P2 is only for 26/43 days and nothing happened to me without EFAs for that time. I'm normally the queen of EFAs. Really. I did very well :). Skin never looked better. Lost lots. It's not like you're without EFA for a loooong time. Just for P2. Like taking a vacation from it. I did not experience hair loss from it. Blow drying and using a straightening iron cause more hair loss. I was worried about the exact same things. :)

Even better, don't pay those prices, and drink a glass of water for free! :)

I tried that. Doesn't work. If only it were so easy. :D

I stocked up already with three bottles. :)

Good for you :D! I think I need to also. I love this diet. The only one that works for me.

I've been reading nonstop for the past day. I know it is off protocol, but I have MS and will keep taking my Omega 3's each day. The benefit of them for my disease is too great. I will follow everything else. I will report back to tell you if it still worked with my Nordic Naturals each day :001_smile:.

I am very excited! I need to lose 50 pounds, and if I can get off at least 20, I'll be moving in the right direction!

I am very excited! I need to lose 50 pounds, and if I can get off at least 20, I'll be moving in the right direction!

I'm happy for you. I think you can definitely do it - the loss might be a bit slower, not that I'm an expert, but the weight will come off. Keep us updated. :)

I'm ready to do this too. However, I'm a "just the facts please maam" type and don't want to have to read through volumes of information. Is there a site/resource that will give me the just the nuts and bolts, i.e., just the basics? Things like schedule, diet, dos and don'ts, etc.

The information out there is overwhelming!

Thank you, Melissa, for this resource!

I have a couple of questions, though. I see they offer "original" and "plus". Is there any advantage to the "plus"? I also see they offer support, accessible only to customers. Do they also supply you with the diet and dosing schedule?

As you can see, I am a newcomer to this. :001_smile:

I'm ready to do this too. However, I'm a "just the facts please maam" type and don't want to have to read through volumes of information. Is there a site/resource that will give me the just the nuts and bolts, i.e., just the basics? Things like schedule, diet, dos and don'ts, etc.

The information out there is overwhelming!

Here is a link to the directions I followed. They are pretty straightforward.

HCG Weight Loss Diet Directions

Thank you, Melissa, for this resource!

I have a couple of questions, though. I see they offer "original" and "plus". Is there any advantage to the "plus"? I also see they offer support, accessible only to customers. Do they also supply you with the diet and dosing schedule?

As you can see, I am a newcomer to this. :001_smile:

I honestly don't know much about this website. I always bought my hhcg through Meridian Health Labs, but since they have stopped selling it I found it at this site. I use the Ultimate Hcg....the blue bottle displayed in the web page that opens. The back of the bottle tells you how often you are to take it, but that can be adjusted depending on your body. My dh for example does well on the 4 pellets 3x a day as mentioned on the bottle, whereas I do better with 3 pellets 4x a day.

Also for those so worried about nutrients. I am eating very healthy!! As I think I mentioned though, I do not follow protocol exactly in that I do take vitamins and Omegas, and I do occasionally have some fats (a tiny bit of oil in pan, a tiny bit of salad dressing)...though very, very little. I also eat broccoli, cauliflower, onions, salsa, whatever fish I want....though I haven't had salmon yet...eggs (one whole and 3 egg whites) etc. I am not following protocol and have lost, so far, 9 pounds in 11 days. I feel fantastic. Not at all dizzy or weak. I only get hungry at mealtimes and then I eat. It's a very simple uncomplicated diet that works. During my first round I followed protocol much closer. I just got really tired of the food choices so this time I have branched out a bit more. Still losing like I did the last time though. :confused:

I would say that unless you've actually tried something for yourself, it's best not to bash it. ;) Yes, 500 calories seems harsh, but people go on week and month long liguid fasts...drinking their meals...and people say how wonderfully healthy that is. :confused:

I would say that unless you've actually tried something for yourself, it's best not to bash it. ;) Yes, 500 calories seems harsh, but people go on week and month long liguid fasts...drinking their meals...and people say how wonderfully healthy that is. :confused:

I tried it, and had a horrible experience. I went into it with a very open mind. I now think it's a very unhealthy way to try to lose weight.

Cassy

I tried it, and had a horrible experience. I went into it with a very open mind. I now think it's a very unhealthy way to try to lose weight.

Cassy

I'm sorry your experience was so bad!! But there are countless others...about five people I know in person...who are having wonderful results and no side effects whatsoever. In fact every single person I know irl who has tried HCG has had nothing but good to say about it.

I'm sorry your experience was so bad!! But there are countless others...about five people I know in person...who are having wonderful results and no side effects whatsoever. In fact every single person I know irl who has tried HCG has had nothing but good to say about it.

I know of 3 people IRL who have done this and they have glowing reviews of it and their new bodies speak for themselves. :001_smile:

I have done hCG very successfully, twice. I was never hungry, and my cravings were pretty easy to contain (I did have a dosage issue my first round, but as soon as I fixed it, it was smooth sailing). Right now, I am eating 1650 calories a day and doing the 30-day shred (I also have 3-4 nights at the Y with cardio and some strength). I am low-carb, no sugar (as in added sugars), and very high protein (150-180g/day) and high fat. I have lost 6 pounds in 3 days and am ready to chew my arm off. My cravings are off the charts.

I decided not to start the hCG yet, because there is still a lot going on with the house and our schedule is crazy. I'm gradually getting foods made and ready, so that when I do start (probably after my two girls' birthday parties), it will be seamless.

IMO, hCG is no different than a periodic fast or juice cleanse which have been recommended by many, many people. Now, if they were talking about 500 calories a day PLUS heavy exercise for an extended period... I would RUN. That is NOT what the hCG diet is.

Thankfully, I have three bottles left, which should take me through to my goal weight and some for a just in case. I think I would be much, much happier if I were doing hCG right now... I know I'd be a lot less crabby and in a lot less pain. ;)

Cassy

Would you be willing to elaborate on that a bit? I always hear such wonderful things .....so I would like to hear another side.

I have done hCG very successfully, twice. I was never hungry, and my cravings were pretty easy to contain (I did have a dosage issue my first round, but as soon as I fixed it, it was smooth sailing). Right now, I am eating 1650 calories a day and doing the 30-day shred (I also have 3-4 nights at the Y with cardio and some strength). I am low-carb, no sugar (as in added sugars), and very high protein (150-180g/day) and high fat. I have lost 6 pounds in 3 days and am ready to chew my arm off. My cravings are off the charts.

I decided not to start the hCG yet, because there is still a lot going on with the house and our schedule is crazy. I'm gradually getting foods made and ready, so that when I do start (probably after my two girls' birthday parties), it will be seamless.

IMO, hCG is no different than a periodic fast or juice cleanse which have been recommended by many, many people. Now, if they were talking about 500 calories a day PLUS heavy exercise for an extended period... I would RUN. That is NOT what the hCG diet is.

Thankfully, I have three bottles left, which should take me through to my goal weight and some for a just in case. I think I would be much, much happier if I were doing hCG right now... I know I'd be a lot less crabby and in a lot less pain. ;)

Thanks for you story! I'm at wit's end with pretending I will modify my eating. I need a serious kick in the pants, and this seems to be the one for me.

How many rounds have you done? Did you find incorporating foods back in difficult? I'd be afraid I would go whole hog on the first day I could add back in, LOL.

Thanks for you story! I'm at wit's end with pretending I will modify my eating. I need a serious kick in the pants, and this seems to be the one for me.

How many rounds have you done? Did you find incorporating foods back in difficult? I'd be afraid I would go whole hog on the first day I could add back in, LOL.

I've done two rounds, I had no difficulty incorporating foods back into my diet. I did weigh faithfully every day and tracked when my weight seemed to go up. Steak days did NOT help me correct. I instituted something I called "Shake days" which were essentially very high protein, low-fat, high fiber (Jay Robb's Whey Shakes with Almond Milk, unsweetened... adding berries, or just vanilla). I didn't need corrections after my 2nd round, though.

During my 2nd round I also experimented with fresh-milled, whole grain breads... and maintained beautifully during P2-P4 if I ate 3-4 servings a day (in addition to my other protein/veggie selections). I could *not* eat any other processed flours/grains and do that in P4 after my first round... no more than one serving of bread, or I'd need to correct)

What really helps me is to have my P1/P2 foods prepared ahead of time (freeze/thaw/cook or re-heat). That way, I don't have to think about it. It also helps me to keep a food diary (still doing that!). I found that if I ate beef early, I was fine... but two servings of beef a day not so much. 2 servings of chicken or fish didn't make me lose faster, either. I always did higher protein than protocol, and usually one fruit. I also found that I could substitute Jay Robb's Whey shakes (great during the summer) for a meal and do just fine.

The diet is very individualized, though. What works for one, may not work for another. But, you eliminate most grains, sugars and a lot of dairy (which many people are sensitive too), so I think it really helps you cleanse your body of toxins.

I tried it, and had a horrible experience.

Cassy, sorry you had such a bad experience with it. This goes to show that not every diet works the same for every single person.

For me and for most I know (other than you and another friend here), it's been great. Different diets, different results.

Lisa, hopefully, you can start your next round soon. :grouphug: I know exactly how you feel. This is how I felt right before my current round which I've just started. You're wise to wait for the right time. :)

hcg is the only diet that works for me. I've tried so many others. I need structure and lots of it. Also, fast results are so motivating. And the best part is: virtually no hunger.

• 1 month later...

My girl friends and I jokingly laugh that we should be listed as the little town that lost the most weight using HCG. Over 50 people that either attend our church or are friends of people at our church have used HCG successfully. It does help that we share recipes and helpful hints and we've started a clothing exchange. It's nice to be able to lose weight with a bunch of friends at the same time.