Menu

What kind of rugs on laminate wood floor?

We just put in some laminate flooring (purchased at Costco) in a small room we added on to our house. This is our first foray into laminate flooring so I'm not too hip on what is allowed and not allowed. I've looked into how to clean them; got that figured out hopefully, but I need a few area rugs. Can I use regular throw rugs that have the non-skid backing, or is that a no-no? I know they have to have some form of ability to grip the floor or we'll be flying all over that room. :lol:

I would love any advice you are willing to offer on all things laminate. ;)

We have rugs with that matting type stuff you can put under them. The rubbery looking nets, if you know what I mean.

Initially we used laminate floor cleaner and a dust mop at first, but learned that it's basically window cleaner. The maids use whatever window cleaner they have - something green. I use water and vinegar.

Our floors still look brand new, despite dogs and life, and they are 4 years old (well, some are newer, but only because we tried one section before doing the whole house).

Wipe up spills immediately....

Hope your floor makes you smile!

We just put in some laminate flooring (purchased at Costco) in a small room we added on to our house. This is our first foray into laminate flooring so I'm not too hip on what is allowed and not allowed. I've looked into how to clean them; got that figured out hopefully, but I need a few area rugs. Can I use regular throw rugs that have the non-skid backing, or is that a no-no? I know they have to have some form of ability to grip the floor or we'll be flying all over that room. :lol:

I would love any advice you are willing to offer on all things laminate. ;)

I have laminate and I put down the big rugs from Costco by my back door. They have the nonslip backing on them. I have no issues with them.