Menu

Evan Moor/teacherfilebox/7continents questions...

yellowperch

I'm tempted to sign up for teacherfilebox. One of the Evan Moor series I think I would like is the 7 continents one, but I can't seem to find chapters from those books on TFB. I also like the daily books, and know that they can be found using the EMC product number.

I'd appreciate hearing about your experience with TFB in general, and any caveats about Evan Moor material that is NOT available through the site.

Thank you!

I have Teacher's Filebox and I find it rather difficult to navigate. I can find many worksheets and such but I have not been able to find complete books readily. For example, I was able to find most weeks of their Daily Math. But I had to download Week 3, then I found Week 14, then Week 9, etc. It was really a pain in the you-know-what. Because of that, I haven't really used it probably to it's fullest. But, I don't intend to sign up again next year. Too time consuming and frustrating for me.

Someone here told me a trick. Log into TFB, log into Evan Moor in a seperate tab. Then, in the Evan Moor tab, find what you're looking for. Assuming you're logged into TFB simultaneously, the available pages will show up in Evan Moor for free.

Very easy.

This.

Sadly, the Seven Continents books are not available through TFB.

Someone here told me a trick. Log into TFB, log into Evan Moor in a seperate tab. Then, in the Evan Moor tab, find what you're looking for. Assuming you're logged into TFB simultaneously, the available pages will show up in Evan Moor for free.

Very easy.

True. I just recently learned how to do this. The downside is that it still takes forever to get all of what you want as you have to do one section at a time. I guess it really just depends on how much you want from Evan-Moor as to whether the price and time are worth it.

I agree - i find it much easier to navigate if you are in the Evan moor site to look for things. I am pretty sure I was able to get the 7 continents from TFB. I have really enjoyed the site. I have used the science works books a lot and a lot of the Geography stuff (beginning geo and then daily geo etc.).

The things I could not access that I wish I could were:

-how to teach are to children

-history pockets

Evan moor/TFB is a bit difficult to navigate. But with a little work, you can really get a lot out of it. As mentioned in an above post, you have to sign on to TFB first and then open the EM site. Through the EM site you can print many files from the "view" option (if you're signed into TFB). Not all products are printable, but many are.

The TFB is a bit tricky, too. You have to get good with choosing the keywords. For example, you can access the American Revolution History Pocket by putting in the keyword "American Revolution". I tried using the codes, but found that this often didn't work out...

I think, once you get used to it, the TFB can be great! I've gotten a ton of use out of it. Good luck.

Brett

I use the two tab method, and have definitely found it worth it for my worksheet loving kid. We use a lot of the "Daily" stuff because she enjoys being independent. I am wondering, though, whether she could do these online with one of the .pdf apps on an iPad or tablet? One of my major reasons for considering that purchase is that I LOVE the idea of not having to print out near as many pages. Yes, we recycle them, but it's still a lot of paper by the end of the school year!