Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dustybug

Queen Language Lessons vs. Rod and Staff?

I use HOD which recommends R&S for LA. I have no problem with R&S, but I have been looking over the Queen Language Lessons and really like what I see. Can anyone compare the two? The biggest draw is the art appreciation, poetry, etc.

R&S is very rigorous and hits grammar hard. Queen's is very CM and doesn't have much grammar drill although it does touch on a lot of concepts. You could easily do a lesson of each every day at least through 4th grade because they're both short. I've used Queen's with ds and R&S with dd and we've usually doubled up both of them, so it would be easy to do one of each.

R&S is very rigorous and hits grammar hard. Queen's is very CM and doesn't have much grammar drill although it does touch on a lot of concepts. You could easily do a lesson of each every day at least through 4th grade because they're both short. I've used Queen's with ds and R&S with dd and we've usually doubled up both of them, so it would be easy to do one of each.

Thanks for responding! I hadn't thought of doing that. Hmmm...Off to peruse the websites again.

My kids learn very differently, we did R&S for years and I loved it with the older one. The little one was a much more CM kind of kid and we did use the Queen ones for several years. Now using Intermediate Language Lessons, very similar to the Queen ones.

The author of HoD compares Queen's and R&S in this post, which you may be interested in if you are using HoD.

Thank you! I did not even think to search the HOD boards for this topic!:D

The author of HoD compares Queen's and R&S in this post, which you may be interested in if you are using HoD.

thanks for this link. i don't use HOD, but have been reevaluating my approach to LA with 10yo ds. we are currently using ILL.

thanks, OP!

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin