Menu

Do I *HAVE* to start back to school??????

Really, do we have to? I've gotten so much cleaning done, and realized that I have SO. MUCH. MORE. to do. And with my little Aspie, things have been so much better...You know, less stress, no need to worry about perfection, and well, less face time with her. Did I really say that??? Yeah, I did. Oh my this post is devolving.

So, I've spent the past week in my 'office' in the basement. Cleaning out. As my friend says, re-containerizing. I have 3 22 gallon containers ready to leave the house, and listed 20+ things on ebay, here, and craigslist. So I've been somewhat isolated, away from the children. They've been playing wii, watching TV, and today, since it (almost) snowed, they've been outside. I say almost, because for those of you who live in the north, would laugh at the amt. I can still see grass through the snow. But for us, it's FABULOUS!!!

It's been soooo peaceful and quiet. I really don't want to go back to the arguments, begging, fighting, and all that crap. Do I have tooo??????????

Well, I feel the same way, but we are starting (my son is dawdling over his math right now :glare:), because I REALLY don't want to spend my beautiful late spring and summer days cooped up inside wrestling over fractions. I love the sunshine, my front porch, a cold drink and a good book waaay to much to ruin it with schoolwork. :D

We started today, but light. We are doing history, math, and reading only for the next 2 weeks. My 14yo has driver's ed at a Christian school from 8 to 11:20 for the next two weeks and it's throwing our entire schedule off. It is also 45 minutes away. Ugh! We will go full speed on the 16th.

It's been soooo peaceful and quiet. I really don't want to go back to the arguments, begging, fighting, and all that crap. Do I have tooo??????????

I am voting no, you don't have too :D Enjoy the peace and get the cleaning done. If you stop now, it will just hang over your head as you start back.

I am seriously contemplating taking January off! We started Aug first to he done May first. I am having a rough first trimester and we have another show at the studio coming up. If we take this month off, I will be.second trimester when we start back, shows will be over, life will be normal. Plus I am due the first week of August, so we will not start second grade until labor day ;)

We do start co-op this week.....

No, you don't. :)

Normally, I put our things away at Thanksgiving and took them out around the middle of January. But one year I had worked the poor dc rilly, rilly hard, and we were all burned out. I put the books away at Thanksgiving and didn't take them out until the following fall. Some time in February, the girls began to look at me out the corners of their eyes, and finally one of them asked me if we were going to do school, and I said. No. With great relief they continued doing their own thing.

A week or so later, I noticed that younger dd, who was 9½ and had resisted my teaching her to read with every fiber of her being, was taking each of the library books we checked out each week and kept in a basket at home, and putting them back. One day she said, "There's nothing to read. It makes me crazy!" :D

That spring older dd was a student in a beginning Latin class, taught by Mary Harrington. Dd and the others were guinea pigs for what became Mary's "Latin in the Christian Trivium." The following January, older dd, who was 13, began taking a class at the community college---an art class--and that fall, she took Latin (and aced it).

So anyway, time off does all of us good. :D