Menu

Anyone last minute planning today?

I decided to try looping, and to get more organized. In another thread I mentioned that since August we had moved, went on vacation, had a baby, traveled out of state for my dad to have heart surgery and then the holidays were upon us, which involved family visiting. I have been :willy_nilly:!

Yesterday on the drive to and from church, I talked over the looping with dh, and he helped me get my thoughts and plans organized. Today I am mapping those out.

I did discover that although I love my WPD planner, it will not work for everything I want to do. I happen to have a fabulous SIL that is a graphic designer. She said if I tell her what I want she will create it, and make it pretty! I am looking forward to that, but going to use the WPD for the next few weeks to see what I use, what I won't use, and what I want to add.

Anyway, I feel more organized mentally, but having to hand write the plans and do everything else on my list today (dh is off for the holdiay) makes me crazy! Grocery shop, take tree down, do laundry, etc., etc.

Just wondering if anyone else made changes that need to be done TODAY!

Me! Well, yesterday and today :) I was dreading this week, knowing we'd HAVE to start school back, like it or not. Feeling frustrated because we're not as far in our books as this same time last year - and last year we had to do school a month longer than everyone else just to finish! Yikes. So this weekend I watched a month's worth of videos for Phonics Road. This morning I cleaned our school room (we often do school in the kitchen, then the school room turns into a disaster zone!). I'm going to try the loop schedule, too, though I think I need to look up more threads on it. At this point, I just took our normal weekly schedule and instead of marking "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday," I wrote "Loop 1, Loop 2, Loop 3." I know if I try to schedule specific times, I'll be off-track by the end of the first day.

How neat that your SIL is going to make you a custom planner!

I decided to try looping, and to get more organized. In another thread I mentioned that since August we had moved, went on vacation, had a baby, traveled out of state for my dad to have heart surgery and then the holidays were upon us, which involved family visiting. I have been :willy_nilly:!

Yesterday on the drive to and from church, I talked over the looping with dh, and he helped me get my thoughts and plans organized. Today I am mapping those out.

I did discover that although I love my WPD planner, it will not work for everything I want to do. I happen to have a fabulous SIL that is a graphic designer. She said if I tell her what I want she will create it, and make it pretty! I am looking forward to that, but going to use the WPD for the next few weeks to see what I use, what I won't use, and what I want to add.

Anyway, I feel more organized mentally, but having to hand write the plans and do everything else on my list today (dh is off for the holdiay) makes me crazy! Grocery shop, take tree down, do laundry, etc., etc.

Just wondering if anyone else made changes that need to be done TODAY!

Not yet! I'm putting this off until tomorrow! My brain is flooded with ideas and I need time to sit and think them through. We need to change our approach, but I haven't decided how yet.

We'll be starting up slowly except for subjects that are mostly independent. As I start a subject, each day I'm writing goals for the rest of this year and long term for that subject.

I think looking at curriculum has taken me a little off track. What I mean is that I got caught up in figuring out how to fit in a lot of great stuff, when what I really need is to use the books and lessons that accomplish the goals I set for my dc's education. And, I need to purge curriculum and books. We have too much!

It doesn't help that I did some researching for High School this morning. I really should focus on getting through this year before planning for next!

I really should focus on getting through this year before planning for next!

I always do this! That is one of the things I am trying not to do right now. I start thinking about things I may want to change, and things I plan to do next year when I need to be working on NOW. I think I have finally convinced myself to work with what I have, it is good stuff, then make changes later. I need to use what I have to finish this year. It is all working, I just *think* I may want to change things up a little.

Gotta get off the forum and onto the FORMS, lol! :tongue_smilie:

We're starting back Wednesday. I'm just about finished cleaning and organizing the classroom. I have the schedule written, but need to be finished. We're also changing up a few things, that I need to work through.

I also have my planning book for next year on my desk. :lol:

Now if I could ds down here to help me file all of his papers, but he's still asleep.