Menu

Well, maybe we WON'T start school today

I'd planned on starting back for our Spring semester today, but DD is still completely and totally asleep. I figure we've got this week to get back into the "Waking up early" mode before co-op and science lab start again, but obviously it didn't happen today. Sigh...

I find that after every holiday it takes a good week to build up any momentum to our lessons. We're not starting back until 9 Jan, and if we manage to get a week of reading, writing and math done each day, I'll call it good. Sad, but true.

Maybe try for an hour or so and build it up from there?

Best wishes and Happy New Year!

Cassy

I was planning to start today, but when I finally got around yesterday to looking at Homeschool Tracker to see what I needed to do to be ready, I was DELIGHTED to find that I had not scheduled us to start until tomorrow.

I had a moment of maturity when I thought "we could start tomorrow", then I lapsed back into :party:mode.

My kids now think I am fabulous because they have an extra day off.

In the end it has been the right choice, public schools are off here today so friends are around and school would have been difficult.

Tomorrow I know my 13yo DD will not want to get up. She has quickly fallen into teenage sleep late mode over the holiday.

I was planning to start today, but when I finally got around yesterday to looking at Homeschool Tracker to see what I needed to do to be ready, I was DELIGHTED to find that I had not scheduled us to start until tomorrow.

I had a moment of maturity when I thought "we could start tomorrow", then I lapsed back into :party:mode.

My kids now think I am fabulous because they have an extra day off.

In the end it has been the right choice, public schools are off here today so friends are around and school would have been difficult.

Tomorrow I know my 13yo DD will not want to get up. She has quickly fallen into teenage sleep late mode over the holiday.

That is very important!! :D