jenn- Posted January 2, 2012 Share Posted January 2, 2012 We went on vacation in our new camper right after Christmas. On Thursday my DH woke up in excruciating pain. Luckily my FIL was with us and he was able to run DH to the ER. Turned out he has a large kidney stone (his first). They got him into surgery with hopes to lead the sucker out but it pushed back into his kidney, so the urologist put in a stint until he can have it shot with the fancy machine. That couldn't happen in that small town until this coming Wednesday. They released him Thursday night around 6 and told us we could come home and try to get seen sooner up here. I flew us home in 3 hrs. Luckily FIL was in his own vehicle that could also haul our trailer so that was not going to be my problem. DH was still in a lot of pain and we were really hoping to get him into the Dr on Friday so we had MIL meet us at our house and she took the kids. Friday we learned that urologist didn't want to work that close to NYE so we headed to the ER. Turns out with the stint in, he is not an emergency and they can't blast his stone until Monday, NEXT Monday that is. So now we are facing the decision to go back the 3 hours to be seen on Wednesday or stay local and wait until Monday. That's not my dilemma though. My DD woke up vomiting at my MIL's house this morning. She is miserable. MIL sounds exhausted. Turns out SFIL was ill right before Christmas and then my nephews that were there over Christmas and a few days later got ill as well. One guess where we spent Christmas. :glare: That doesn't change the fact that I have a child miserable with I am sure 3 more to go down with it before this is all over. The dilemma comes with what to do. Every ounce in my mommy bones wants to go get my kids. The rational part of me says to keep them in the already exposed house. If I get them, then DH will have to go to his dad's until his stone is taken care of and potentially after that for a bit and I will not be able to be a part of that in any way shape or form. He cannot get a stomach virus right now. So what would you do? Ship off DH or make MIL take care of my sick kid(s). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.