Menu

quick Math-U-See question....

Please help my muddled and befuddled brain!

DD used MUS for about 4 months of Geometry review back in 11th grade and it worked well enough to bring up her SAT score 40 points, all in the Geometry section. She is now in college and needs a quick review of Alg 2 and she wants to use MUS because it's so basic yet thorough, she won't have to wade through 900+ pages to get to the meat of the matter. She's got one month to get her Intermediate Alg (Alg 2) act together and she wants the straightest course between start and finish. Hence, MUS.

I'm ready to order the MUS text but I can't remember, does she really need the student text, seeing as how she is (almost) 19 and will be teaching herself? Won't the instructor manual be good enough? If she needs extra practice problems she can pull them from just about anywhere online.

Thanks--

Thanks. So, the instructor manual has instructions only, and the student worktext has instructions AND problems, is this correct? And the solutions are in the instructor manual, if I recall?

DD is going to be pulling problems from a traditional, remedial college textbook. It's just that a college textbook will take 20 pages to explain a concept, whereas Mr. Demme can do the same in 2 pages!

Thanks. So, the instructor manual has instructions only, and the student worktext has instructions AND problems, is this correct? And the solutions are in the instructor manual, if I recall?

The student worktext only has the lesson problems, no instructions. You will need the instructor manual and the student worktext. The instructor pack automatically comes with the DVD as well. You might be able to find the Instructor's pack used to save some money if that is a factor.