Menu

Ipod/Couch to 5k help please

I have a classic ipod. All my music came from cd's. My dell crashed, so I got a Mac. Now all my music is on my ipod, nothing on my Mac. I don't have an external hard drive to save it all too, so when I plug the Ipod in, the Mac will synch it's nothingness to the ipod, wiping the ipod. I'm okay with that. I haven't added anything to it in 2 1/2 years, and everything came from cd's, which we still have.

So here is my question: I want to put music on the ipod. I basically know how to do this. But I also want to put the Couch to 5K on it and start running again.

HOW do I put the c25k things on over the music? I know there is a way to overlay the c25k countdown thing over the music, but how? I have garage band on this computer, but don't know a thing about it, but I'm thinking I have to use that.

My plan for this weekend was to start reloading my cd's onto the computer. I'd love a little help please!

Thanks!

I was never able to figure anything out with the original C25K site, but I download the podcasts from here (Carli's Couch to 5k)- they come with music and she tells you when/what to do. The music is modern, so you may or may not like what she has on there. I find it upbeat enough to keep me going, even though I wouldn't listen to most of it normally.

I was never able to figure anything out with the original C25K site, but I download the podcasts from here (Carli's Couch to 5k)- they come with music and she tells you when/what to do. The music is modern, so you may or may not like what she has on there. I find it upbeat enough to keep me going, even though I wouldn't listen to most of it normally.

I've seen one of those before, but couldn't stand thier music. I'm really picky about my workout music. If it's not "my" music, if it's not 'perfect' it's too easy for that to be a huge excuse for not working out.

The reason I never started running again this past spring was this whole ipod issue.

Sad but true. While I really enjoyed running, I hated it when I started. It has to be just right, or I can so easily talk myself out of it at 5am! I'm sad and pathetic that way.

What she said, although I used this app. IIRC, there was an option to change the playlist in the Settings menu of the app.

Maybe I'm not meant to do this. This one is for phones I guess. After dropping many phones over many years, and shattering the screen on my iphone, I don't walk out the house holding my phone anymore. It's in a pocket or purse. I can't imagine running with it. I didn't know people did that.

I miss cassett tapes. Life was so much easier with tapes. I could lay the whole thing over music so easy on a cassett tape. Unfortunately we don't even have a working walkman anymore.