Menu

fb question

Bummer!

I have been going rounds trying to get ahold of the owner of the gym dd attended, I never received phone calls after leaving messages or emails, and she was never there. I posted on their wall something along the lines of them having horrible customer service and I really needed to speak to someone who could help me. 10 minutes later it was deleted and I got an email saying if I posted on their wall again they were going to forward it to their lawyer. :confused: Anyway, I called MY lawyer (friend of my dh) and he said to print everything out for record and if they called to refer them to him. But since they deleted the post I can't. I did post a well written, long explanation of what happened on Yelp so I printed that along with all the emails I sent and my phone records.

At this point dh said to give up on it, $86 isn't worth my time anymore. But of course now that all this has happened I REALLY don't want to let it go. Obviously I pulled dd from that gym, it's competitive cheer so we spend THOUSANDS there every year. Next season she will go to one of the other options, further away but hopefully better service.

Ds14 (tech support) says that this is one way that you MIGHT be able to retrieve the information:

Get the URL of their fb wall. (Go to the fb wall and select the line that says http: at the top of the page in the browser box - that is the URL)

Put that URL into the Wayback machine and go to the last date that you know that post was there.

The problem is that the Wayback machine might not have captured it during the window that it was up.

I have my facebook set up to email me everything posted to threads I post in. So if anyone replied to the post I would have it emailed to me. Do you have your's set up like that? If not I would set it up to do so for future use. It is a pain some days because I moderate groups there I get every message posted in all of those groups, plus the private groups so my email can get flooded with fb email notifications but it does come in handy in scenarios like this.

Ds14 (tech support) says that this is one way that you MIGHT be able to retrieve the information:

Get the URL of their fb wall. (Go to the fb wall and select the line that says http: at the top of the page in the browser box - that is the URL)

Put that URL into the Wayback machine and go to the last date that you know that post was there.

The problem is that the Wayback machine might not have captured it during the window that it was up.

Ugh, what's the wayback machine?? I feel so computer unsavvy.

Okay, found the wayback machine and think it's AWESOME, but it didn't work. I guess I will deal with not having it. I doubt they will actually call an attorney anyway. Ours laughed when I told him what happened so I doubt they'd pay money to have one tell them they are wrong.

Edited by MHowell
found the wayback machiine