Menu

Bummed! SWB not speaking in Memphis.

This is our second year hsing and I have been looking forward to going to a conference this year. (I've not attended one before.) Memphis is by far the closest to me, only a 3 hr. drive.

I read the email from GHC tonight and saw that SWB is not on the speaker schedule. (Nor is PHP on the exhibitors list.) I'm disappointed, though I understand that she has to limit her speaking engagements. Oh, well maybe another year...

She is going to be at the Cincinnati one, but that's a 7 hr drive for me and would eliminate any friends who could go with me.

I know Michael Clay Thompson is on the list for Memphis. I'm not working Saturdays this year, so I'll be able to attend-although I'm not sure what to do with DD on Friday.

We took my son last year. He sat with me or his father during the sessions. Lots of people had their kids. As long as they aren't a distraction, it was fine.

My son's actually a bit sad that we won't be going to Greenville this year :)

I know Michael Clay Thompson is on the list for Memphis. I'm not working Saturdays this year, so I'll be able to attend-although I'm not sure what to do with DD on Friday.

Ok, MCT being there makes it still worth going for me. :D

From what you describe of your DD, she'd probably be just fine sitting with you. There were kids last year. I agree with others that as long as they aren't a distraction, it's fine. I won't bring MY boys in with me because I know they'd have trouble sitting through it. As it is, the younger two still have to be taken out during church, sometimes multiple times. :glare: I'd be fine bringing just my 7 year old. He'll sit and read a book anywhere. :D