Menu

Who hinted that purses that fit IPads inside.....

Weren't really purses?

You are right.:glare:

So I'd like a purse or bag that will fit my IPad and not hurt my back, which likely means shoulder straps. I don't like to carry anything huge or heavy.

Dh is silentLy frustrated that my not-used-much Dooney & Bourke bag and my newer purse that is AWESOME. for my back will likely not be used much now. :sad:

What are the dimensions of the iPad?

I would go here and browse:

www.louisvuitton.com

You would probably have to go to a MM (the medium size) or the GM( grande modele - the large), because size does matter.;)

It is 10 x 8 x 1.

Going to check your link!

I LOVE the idea of using one purse all year but have never even tried to do that. Maybe just the right one.....

Hve you heard of Kelly Moore bags? They are purses made for cameras, so they are padded and have removable dividers, but they look just like a purse. A lot of them also have a sleeve for an iPad built it. An hey,if you also have a dslr you carry around, there you go! I love the Kelly Moore 2 Sues style.

Oh no. My dd and I just went to that site. She liked the $3800 bag. I'm in TROUBLE!!!!!

:iagree: Oh, yes you are. DD12 had a haircut appointment (again) today at Red Door Salon. She has amazingly thick hair and the stylist takes an hour to make sure it is done just right.

Yes, Jennifer, you are in trouble.:D

:iagree: Oh, yes you are. DD12 had a haircut appointment (again) today at Red Door Salon. She has amazingly thick hair and the stylist takes an hour to make sure it is done just right.

Great. Thanks. So, I see two options.

1. My dd has GREAT taste. She has a GREAT job. I get GREAT gifts.

2. My dd has GREAT taste. She has an okay job. She goes broke buying me great gifts.

Hmmmmm . . . Either way, I win! Right? I should encourage this? Right?

PS. My Meg has wonderful thick LONG blonde hair. So far, I trim it. But, she has informed me that her next cut will be at my salon. Yes. I worry.

You're breaking my heart. Red Door Salon in Tysons Corner. I used to go there all the time and hired them to do my hair and my whole bridal party's hair for my wedding (eight+ years ago) ... and haven't been back since. Bad memories ... sigh.

Oh man. You don't want advice from me. My dd calls my purse (I guess it would be a bag) "the bottomless pit" because I always seem to have an amazing amount of stuff in there. An iPad, an umbrella, tissues, cough drops, dramamine, bandaids, a screwdriver, several books, a sandwich...y'know...whatever. It's in there.

I am using this Fossil bag for a purse - my ipad fits nicely. I have a problem w/shoulder pain when I carry heavy bags & I have not had that problem with this bag, although I've only had it since Christmas.

I tried this bag in the store, but it looks & handles more like a briefcase than a purse, so I didn't like it as much. It does have a sleeve for a tablet, however.

My last few purses came from Kohls, and are large enough to hold SillyAutismMan's iPad in its case when we go to the movies (we go early and he plays while we wait for the film) plus my wallet, etc. They have straps long enough to go across my body, so the purse rests on my hip while the strap goes around my neck on the opposite shoulder (if you know what I am describing) . I have always gotten that kind of purse, as I want my hands totally free to hold kids or groceries or whatever.

I used to have a Coach bag that was like this, but it got too beat-up to keep using. Now my Kohl's bag, far cheaper, does the job.

Cross-body - that is how they are named at the Kohl's website.

Edited by JFSinIL

:D:001_smile:

You're breaking my heart. Red Door Salon in Tysons Corner. I used to go there all the time and hired them to do my hair and my whole bridal party's hair for my wedding (eight+ years ago) ... and haven't been back since. Bad memories ... sigh.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:Kirsten -- i go to the one in reston. I've been to tysons once or twice but my 'hair person' for the past 9 years is at reston. I wouldn't go back there either because of bad memories. :grouphug: