Menu

PSA about feminine products for skinny/smaller women (TMI, obviously)

So, this might be old news to those of you with teenage daughters, but Kotex just came out with a "tween" line of maxi-pads, and it is LIFE CHANGING. They actually fit perfectly in my underwear without hanging over the sides, bunching up or getting awkwardly stuck to my nether-regions. Same absorbency, too!

(I know, I know, I'm a grown-up; I should use tampons ... but I HATE them.)

So, this might be old news to those of you with teenage daughters, but Kotex just came out with a "tween" line of maxi-pads, and it is LIFE CHANGING. They actually fit perfectly in my underwear without hanging over the sides, bunching up or getting awkwardly stuck to my nether-regions. Same absorbency, too!

I love them too! I even like the fun colors and designs.:D

I hate them also...for a variety of reasons!

TMI For girls only ;)

NO I mean really.

Completely different than tampons. Really.

Well my periods are shorter with the diva cup. Lots of places have one restroom with a sink right there. But I guess if I needed too I could just empty and reinsert. After all it is my germs. I would wash my hands before I went to the restroom and maybe grab some paper towels.

That said I can go much longer with the diva than tampons. No worry about TSS and if it doesn't get in just right I can take it out multiple times and reinsert it without chaffing.

I do rinse mine when I am home and wash between cycles. ;)

Guest submarines
I've always assumed that if I don't like tampons that I won't care for a diva cup either. Am I wrong in assuming that?

Hated tampons. Love my diva cup. Maybe it depends why one hates tampons?

Guest submarines
Just out of curiosity, what do you do if you're in a public place with no private bathroom and it becomes, er, full? They do need to be washed between uses, correct?

It is okay to wipe it with toilet paper, as long as you don't do this too often. At least this is what I've been doing for years, with no problems. The only time I had a problem (yeast infection) was when I forgot to remove the cup. :001_huh: It was at the end of my cycle, I didn't need to empty it often, and I think I left it in for 2 days, if not 3 :001_huh:.

Guest submarines
I have tried 4 different menstrual cups and hate them all. Just be aware that not everyone likes cups.

What did you hate abot them? (Just curious, if you don't mind.) :)

What did you hate abot them? (Just curious, if you don't mind.) :)

I don't mind, but it is WAY TMI:001_smile:

I have used a Diva, Keeper, LadyCup and the disposable Instead cups.

The first three style of cups are very uncomfortable because about 1/3 of the cup (stems totally removed) protrude/hang out of my body. It then pinches and is quite painful to move and sit. The Instead cups are too wide around and cannot be inserted so that they don't leak. If they ever make a smaller Instead cup, I think I could wear it.

There is a blog with the different kinds of cups. I find I love my diva with it trimmed and flipped. YMMV I realize not everybody loves cups, just like not everybody loves tampons.

Trimmed I understand, but FLIPPED?

I am wearing my DC now and you have confused us both.

OP: Sorry for the blatant tangent and my significant contribution to it, but we might as well keep this brand of TMI confined to one thread.

Trimmed I understand, but FLIPPED?

I am wearing my DC now and you have confused us both.

OP: Sorry for the blatant tangent and my significant contribution to it, but we might as well keep this brand of TMI confined to one thread.

You can turn them inside out to make them shorter. I actually haven't tried that with the Ladycup, as it is much softer than the Diva. I should do that and see what happens. You trim the stem off before you wear it like that.

FWIW, I would recommend the Ladycup over the Diva to new users who may be reading.

You can turn them inside out to make them shorter. I actually haven't tried that with the Ladycup, as it is much softer than the Diva. I should do that and see what happens. You trim the stem off before you wear it like that.

FWIW, I would recommend the Ladycup over the Diva to new users who may be reading.

My Diva is 6 or 7 yo's. Though with pregnancy and breastfeeding I probably haven't used it that often. ;) When I bought my diva it was that or the Keeper. Both claimed they could be used for years. Now I think eveything says to change them out yearly. I don't follow directions well.

My Diva is 6 or 7 yo's. Though with pregnancy and breastfeeding I probably haven't used it that often. ;) When I bought my diva it was that or the Keeper. Both claimed they could be used for years. Now I think eveything says to change them out yearly. I don't follow directions well.

I would keep the thing until is started to fall apart. No need to fix what isn't broken!

Guest submarines

Yearly? Mine is also about 7 years old, and I assumed I could use it indefinitely :lol:. At least this is what the available information was

back then.

Guest submarines
I don't mind, but it is WAY TMI:001_smile:

I have used a Diva, Keeper, LadyCup and the disposable Instead cups.

The first three style of cups are very uncomfortable because about 1/3 of the cup (stems totally removed) protrude/hang out of my body. It then pinches and is quite painful to move and sit. The Instead cups are too wide around and cannot be inserted so that they don't leak. If they ever make a smaller Instead cup, I think I could wear it.

Thanks! I guess I was lucky to find a good fit right away.

Thanks for this info. DD and I should have a look to see if she likes them.

(I hate tampons too!)

I have always HATED tampons and was only willing to use one when swimming.

I love using my Keeper for heavy days, but I only use it on my heavy days because I find it annoying on my lighter days.

I use cloth pads also and those were life-changing. They feel just like your clothing.

My favorites are from here: http://www.saucytots.com/catalog.php?category=49

I started my oldest on disposable pads, but she switched to cloth at the same time I did and will never go back.

My other two have only used cloth.

Since we're already absurdly off topic...

Does anyone know of any reusable cups that fit like the disposable Instead cups? I use the Instead cups now because the keeper and the diva cup both hang too low and I find them very uncomfortable and leaky, even trimmed (they still seem to get knocked around when I move). I like the "higher" fit of the Instead cups, but they do leak on me some (i wear cloth pads with them because of this). Any ideas?

I'm also not a fan of tampons, and my Diva cup and I are at a standoff since the last time I (grudgingly) used it and it FLIPPED OVER. :glare: I do use (and like) Sea Pearls, though. When I'm out, I have a second, pre-moistened one in my purse and just switch them out if need be. (God forbid my purse should be snatched :lol:)

I may try flipping the Diva inside out to make it shorter, though. Never thought of that, but my main issue is that it's just slightly too long, even trimmed.

For those of you who find the Diva uncomfortable, have you tried the smaller size?

I tried the Diva as directed. I ordered the larger size because I am over 35 and have given birth. It said if I met that criteria I should get the larger size.

It HURT! I hated it.

I ordered the smaller size and it works SO much better. No pain, can't feel it. On some days I do need to empty it more often, but it is worth it to me to not have the pain.

BTW: Mine is about 6 years old and I don't plan to get a new one anytime soon.

Dawn

For those of you who find the Diva uncomfortable, have you tried the smaller size?

I tried the Diva as directed. I ordered the larger size because I am over 35 and have given birth. It said if I met that criteria I should get the larger size.

It HURT! I hated it.

I ordered the smaller size and it works SO much better. No pain, can't feel it. On some days I do need to empty it more often, but it is worth it to me to not have the pain.

BTW: Mine is about 6 years old and I don't plan to get a new one anytime soon.

Dawn

I thought about it, but as I have spent $90 on various things already, I am hesitant to try again.