Menu

2012-2013 fafsa application...

Here is a link to the FAFSA site:

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

The 2012-13 version of the form won't be available until 1/1/2012. Don't be confused by the similar site fafsa.com, which is a commercial site that takes your info and charges you to submit the FAFSA for you.

The real FAFSA is a federal form and is FREE to submit!

Best wishes to all who are filling this out for the first time!

Brenda

Here is a link to the FAFSA site:

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

The 2012-13 version of the form won't be available until 1/1/2012. Don't be confused by the similar site fafsa.com, which is a commercial site that takes your info and charges you to submit the FAFSA for you.

The real FAFSA is a federal form and is FREE to submit!

Best wishes to all who are filling this out for the first time!

Brenda

I'm going to the correct site. But when I click on the "start here" button, I get the message that says this site is untrusted and the security certificate is not verified. The pdf version of the 2012-2013 form is available. I printed it and filled out most of it already. But I'd rather submit the information online than by mail if the website has not been hacked.

Edited by LizzyBee

I've noticed I can't use Google chrome to fill out FAFSA, and have to use Firefox's web brower.

That was going to be my next suggestion -- try switching web browsers. I've had to use MS Explorer in the past. I won't be filling out the FAFSA for my returning college student for a few months yet, so I can't help you there.

Also -- remember that the 2012-13 FAFSA is not available until tomorrow (1/1/2012), so if you're trying to access it today, that may be why you are getting an error message.

HTH,

Brenda

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rapooh1

I keep getting the same message as well and am hesitant to continue....were you ever able to get it to work properly or get verification that it was ok to continue? Thanks!

I keep getting the same message as well and am hesitant to continue....were you ever able to get it to work properly or get verification that it was ok to continue? Thanks!

I had to use a different computer and Internet Explorer. Firefox and Safari continued giving me the security message and I was afraid to click through it.