Menu

Starting Veritas Press Online mid-year??

Guest myeverydaygraces

Guest myeverydaygraces

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to start VP Omnibus II online in January? Has anyone started mid-year before and how was it?

Also, do they pro-rate the tuition?

I am feeling a little anxious and VP doesn't reopen until after the new year.

Thank you for your consideration!

Heather

The problem you will run into is the scheduling. The Omnibus classes are among the first to fill up. In the upper grades, it can also be very challenging to come in mid-year. In middle school, which I am assuming your child is in since you are looking at Omnibus II, it might be more doable. I would also second looking at the summer schedule.

I would call VP and talk to them. They may decide these things on a case-to-case basis.

We did VP Scholars for 2 years. I found the representatives very helpful and patient, and they have gone out of their way for me, especially when I was dealing with a very controlling umbrella school that demanded all kinds of documentation. I would also ask if they will be offering Om II in the summer. Sometimes if they have enough interest they will try to put it on the schedule.

Guest myeverydaygraces

Thanks for your help. I have an email into VP, but they aren't responding until after the new year:(

I see the classes I would like are available, and I am able to go through the registration process. However, I am being charged for the whole year?? They do run on semesters and the next one starts late January.

I should have listened to my instincts in the fall but went with another program that I'm not happy with. It is our first year homeschooling... the boys have been at a classical, Christian school up until this point.

The classes run by semester but they go through the year. My dd just finished the 1st semester for Omnibus II and Physical Science. She is half way done both classes.

When you start at the beginning you pay for the year, not the semester.

They may have some classes that just run for the semester, but I don't know about.

It would not hurt to email them. If you have been doing the class with your child, and they happen to have an open spot they may let you in.

Hope it works out.

The classes run by semester but they go through the year. My dd just finished the 1st semester for Omnibus II and Physical Science. She is half way done both classes.

When you start at the beginning you pay for the year, not the semester.

They may have some classes that just run for the semester, but I don't know about.

It would not hurt to email them. If you have been doing the class with your child, and they happen to have an open spot they may let you in.

Hope it works out.

This is correct. I should have been clearer. Sorry.