Menu

I have to put down a credit card to get an Itunes account for ds?

I have had an Ipod and Itunes account for awhile. I don't remember having to use a credit card but maybe I did. (I know it isn't charged until you buy something.) We got ds14 an Ipod Classic for Christmas. He wants his own Itunes account so it doesn't sinc all my stuff onto his. I was fine with that until I realized that I have to use my credit card "on file" with his account? Is that right? Is there some other way around this? I don't think he'll charge anything but I still don't like the idea of putting it on his account.

I have had an Ipod and Itunes account for awhile. I don't remember having to use a credit card but maybe I did. (I know it isn't charged until you buy something.) We got ds14 an Ipod Classic for Christmas. He wants his own Itunes account so it doesn't sinc all my stuff onto his. I was fine with that until I realized that I have to use my credit card "on file" with his account? Is that right? Is there some other way around this? I don't think he'll charge anything but I still don't like the idea of putting it on his account.

We have all six of us sharing the same iTunes account and we don't end up with all of our stuff on all of our devices - we just set things up to sync the things we want to sync. It's super easy to share an iTunes account and only have what you want on your iPod.

You can activate it using only iTunes gift cards. This is also a great way for your DS to control his own spending.

DS13 has his own iTunes acccount, and has to purchase his own iTunes gift cards with his own money. He can spend what he wants to spend, buy what he wants to buy, because it's his money.

Waaay easier than having to ask me every.single.time he wanted to purchase something (which was quite often when he first got his iPod touch, and got kind of annoying). And he's quite a bit more frugal with his own money than he is mine :D.

He also took the responsibility to email iTunes support asking for a refund when he accidentely purchased the same App twice, and when he scratched off the code on the gift card making it unreadable. He handled that by himself, with a bit of guidance from me (His first email to them threatened that he would NEVER use iTunes again if they did not refund his $1.99....haha, really, Son, you're going to quit iTunes FOREVER over $1.99? Wouldn't it be better to start with a bit of kindness, and simply explain the situation and ask kindly for your refund?)

Ditto. I had my Paypal attached to my iTunes and it was hacked. Thankfully iTunes and Paypal were good about it and I got my money back. But now I only use iTunes cards when I want something.

Happened to me too. We only use gift cards for all our accounts now.

FYI, sam's has $100 gc for $80. With 3 accounts in our house, it was worth it to use to get that much, and it's the only place I've ever seen them on sale.

That's right.

Which is why I don't use the cloud so I can keep all our devices separate in my one iTunes account.

We have 6 iPods/iPhones on one iTunes account. We each have separate clouds so we don't have any issues with stuff crossing over. The good thing about doing it this way is that I can buy a game once and put it on all the devices.