Menu

Can you recommend a Wii game?

My ds11 has saved up his paper route money and would like to buy a Wii game. He doesn't know what he wants (fairly sheltered here) and I don't want him to take a chance on something that he won't end up liking because they are so pricey.

His current favorite is Ultimate Alliance II. He also likes Ultimate Alliance I and Spider Man 3. He loves Marvel heroes. :001_smile:

He tells me that his favorite games are those with a story line that you ultimately "win." Does that make sense?

Would love any rec's from your tween boys or if you know of a website that helps kids pick out games, that would be helpful too. Thanks.:001_smile:

We are just starting to get to know our neighborhood Gamestop. I think that is where he wants to go first.

Thanks for the recs. Keep 'em coming.

My dh is bringing Epic Mickey home this afternoon. Picking it up at the library by his work. Yay!!

And I just put the Kirby one on hold.

Very excited to let him test drive something before purchasing. Or skipping the purchasing altogether. I used to roll my eyes at the library stocking video games. That was before we got a Wii. :D

This is not an adventure but a puzzle game, and also is more suited to multiple players (which I see as the main point of the Wii anyway)-- but we love Boom Blox. It's one of the most fun games I've ever played on any platform.

Yep, this is a hit at our house too. My mother just went out and bought it for her house too because she enjoyed it so much.

Some of our WII favorites have been :

Super Mario Brothers

Mario Party 8

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games

Family Game Night 4

We just got the last two for Christmas

My girls also like Carnival Games , Zhu, Zhu Pets Featuring the Wild Bunch (it has a story line too) , my niece and nephew got the new Donkey Kong Game ( Donkey Kong Country Returns) and they said it was fun.

We also have Madden 2010 and that's a big hit with the hubby and and my girls too.

Thank you so much for all of the suggestions!! I've put many games on hold at the library. Took the boy to Gamestop and he got 3 for $30

Looney Tunes Acme Arsenal

Pirates of the Caribbean at world's end

Iron Man ('cause we're Marvel freaks around here. :D)

We'll see how those work out for him. He was very pumped about the price. It costs $7 just to rent one for a week at the video store.

I guess if he gets tired of them he can sell them back to gamestop for a buck or two? I have no idea how that works. I wonder that the folks at paperbackswap haven't come up with a game swap site yet.

All of the Lego games are a hit here (Star Wars, Batman, Indiana Jones, and Pirates of the Carribean).

Those are my favorites. 11 year old loved Zelda Twilight Princess, Spiderwick Chronicles, the Tomb Raiders, My Sims Kingdom, the Rune Factory games and the Raving Rabbids ones so far. We get them used like new on Amazon for the best deals.

I guess if he gets tired of them he can sell them back to gamestop for a buck or two? I have no idea how that works.

If he bought used games and hates them, he can return them within 7 days and exchange them for different games. (I'm sure the stores don't appreciate it when people make a habit out of returning games, but my ds has returned a few over the years and GameStop was very nice about it.)

If he bought used games and hates them, he can return them within 7 days and exchange them for different games. (I'm sure the stores don't appreciate it when people make a habit out of returning games, but my ds has returned a few over the years and GameStop was very nice about it.)

That is good to know. So far, they all look like winners with Iron Man being just a tad disappointing for him but the big brothers like it well enough. So I guess we'll hang onto it.