Menu

Any free art resources?

thowell

I am in need of some free resources for Art. My girls were taking art lessons at co-op but we can no longer afford them. My budget is non existent so I need something free. I can't really say they learned much from the classes so something on a beginning level would be fine. Any ideas?

I am in need of some free resources for Art. My girls were taking art lessons at co-op but we can no longer afford them. My budget is non existent so I need something free. I can't really say they learned much from the classes so something on a beginning level would be fine. Any ideas?

There is a lot at Harmony Art Mom. You can look at her free resources or read blog posts for ideas.

Deep Space Sparkle has some great lesson plans for art.

For art appreciation, look at NGA Kids and the education section of any art museum.

Mark Kistler drawing lessons

I don't know where you live, but do you have access to art museums?

I live between two major cities and am amazed at how many free art programs are available for children. One of our large art museums offers free classes to homeschoolers several times a year. We recently attended one. I was amazed at the bag of goodies they gave the parents!

Many museums also have free days once a month, while others are just plain free to get in every day of the week.

If you live near a college town, don't forget to check into the colleges for gallery exhibits.

I don't know where you live, but do you have access to art museums?

I live between two major cities and am amazed at how many free art programs are available for children. One of our large art museums offers free classes to homeschoolers several times a year. We recently attended one. I was amazed at the bag of goodies they gave the parents!

Many museums also have free days once a month, while others are just plain free to get in every day of the week.

If you live near a college town, don't forget to check into the colleges for gallery exhibits.

Thanks for the suggestions but no we don't. The nearest bigger cities to us are at least 1 hour in any direction one way. Thanks for the thought.

I think what I am looking for is more of a How to..... Something to teach them the basics of how to draw, how to paint, how to use different mediums not so much the projects. We do lots of projects within our history and they will be taking a Art history class in co-op this semester.

I think what I am looking for is more of a How to..... Something to teach them the basics of how to draw, how to paint, how to use different mediums not so much the projects. We do lots of projects within our history and they will be taking a Art history class in co-op this semester.

Definitely check out KinderArt then.

KidsArt also has a lot of resources listed.

And there is The Virtual Instructor.