Menu

To SWB - About Those 1400 ALL Pages...

Bloggermom

OK, I hear you guys.

Don't quite know how to handle this project yet, but I appreciate the input...and will keep it in mind...

SWB

Hi Susan,

I don't know if you have more than 15 weeks complete, but I think we are all in agreement that we will take WHATEVER you have. lol... warts and all! I can understand if you don't want to compromise the integrity of the program by rushing it, but I wanted to say that we have really enjoyed the first 15 week sample. It is sticking! I like that it is integrated with WWS (which we are also using), and the way that you build onto the diagramming lessons each week has been very helpful for us. Your style and wit come through on the page, and the kids enjoy it very much.

I have to say though that if finishing ALL means that you can't get WWS6 done for next year, then by all means I will deal without ALL! Some lucky folks years from now will get to do it! I have been so happy with WWS and all that they are learning. Thank you for the hard work and energy that you have put into WWS. It is an absolute masterpiece.

Many who are considering this would do the pages on a tablet with a stylus. (There have been several posts on this here - check out the recent MEP thread for example.)

Some would send it to Staples/Fed Ex (Kinkos) to get it printed/bound into several notebooks if it was only sold in a PDF version. (This is the option I would use.)

The other option is just to print pages as you need them. You would teach off the computer (screen), optimally with a laptop. Only a fraction of the 1400 are "workbook" pages.

Only a fraction of the 1400 are "workbook" pages.

I stand corrected. Roughly 40% of the 1400 pgs would be student workbook pages. That's higher than I assumed in the above quote.

I checked my copy up through Wk 8 (PDF pg 288; listed pg 282) & counted the instructor/student pages:

Instructor pgs (including blanks): 160

Student pgs: 122 (108 w/printing + 14 blank)

Roughly extrapolated:

794 Instructor pages (incl. blanks) - 57%

536 Student pages which would need to be printed (not incl. blanks) - 38%

(605 incl. blank pgs if you do them double-sided) - 43%

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stefanie S.

I hope this somehow manages to be salvaged.

We went through way too many LA programs before we found what works for us, FLL/ALL & WWE/WWS. I'm so bummed that I have to start searching again. I'd glad pay more for this quality program. My daughter said she'd even smile about all 1400 pages. LOL (We had some rough times during our LA search.)

Even using the draft was working out for us. I had the manual on the iPad so we read from there and printed out the worksheets. Maybe a pdf for the teacher portion and an actual workbook of the worksheets?????

I guess I should cancel my ALL order on Amazon now. Wahhh...

• 3 weeks later...
I would also love to have ALL in PDF. 1400 pages would not bother me in the least since I keep everything on my ipad or macbook. The student pages I can print as needed.

Many thanks for considering this as an option!

Me tooooo! Me toooooo!

Thanks for popping in, SWB!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Add me to the ranks of people who would like to buy a .pdf copy.

I really appreciate the current layout of ALL. Each section is separated by a nice grey bar. Within a section, paragraphs are separated by spaces. The current text is very easy to navigate and to use as a worktext.

Please, please, please don't try to smush everything together. I'd rather pay for more pages than deal with an unworkable layout.