Jump to content


Can you send some good vibes or prayers our way tomorrow around 1:00 p.m.?

Recommended Posts

DS had a pathological fracture of his collarbone back in October. The fracture was through what appeared to be a cartilagenous cyst on his collarbone. They have done x-rays, MRIs, bone scans, and he has been seen by his physician and a regular pediatric orthopedist but no one has been able to say 1) it's healing properly as bone vs. carilage or cystic tissue or 2) the cyst is not cancerous. Tomorrow we finally see the orthopedist who is a "tumor specialist" and we hope it will be the "all clear" visit we have been waiting for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good news. The growth appears benign based on the multitude of images. The bone healed around the tumor rather than through it so it is a weak point that will likely fracture again. We can wait and see what happens or have it scraped out and do a bone graft. We will probably monitor it via xray for a while and opt to fix it if it fractures again (MD's suggestion).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even better news. "They" are fairly good at calling this accurately.


I feel better that the MD is a orthopedic oncology specialist (up at the Polyclinic by Swedish) so it's not just some random Doc, kwim? This is his specialty so if he says it doesn't look like a duck, it's probably not a duck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...