Menu

Where does the meat man get his meat.

My dh actually bought me from the meat guy one time. It wasn't all that bad. The filets were really good. I can't remember the company, but I cringed when he came home and said he got a whole bunch of meat. He's been in sales, he knew it was a sale pitch, but they caught him when he was hungry and had cash. :lol:

I wish I could remember the name, but I looked them up online before I cooked.a.thing. They actually had a decent website, had been in business for a long time, and IIRC they listed how they acquired the beef. Their marketing plan is outdated and stale, but the beef was decent.

I much preferred when the shrimpers would come around and sell fresh catch right off the boat. Sadly we no longer live where you can buy fresh shrimp at the local gas station, no I'm not kidding. *sigh*

eta: I'm not correcting the typo in the first sentence, but I blame menopause. At least he didn't return me.

Edited by elegantlion

I much preferred when the shrimpers would come around and sell fresh catch right off the boat. Sadly we no longer live where you can buy fresh shrimp at the local gas station, no I'm not kidding. *sigh*

I live on the gulf coast. While I don't buy shrimp off the truck because I'm not sure if it is local and fresh, I did grow up buying shrimp from gas stations and little run-down seafood shops. They sold the best seafood. Nowadays I see less and less of the independent sellers and small shops.

We bought from the meat truck once. It was good meat that was in a box with a name and logo on it but I can't remember what it was since it was 10 years ago. They had a bit of a hard sell (which I don't like) but we bargained back and they gave us a pretty good price (which was comparable to the price we'd get per pound in the grocery store or perhaps a bit less). We didn't buy again though because it was a lot of steaks and we don't usually eat that much beef.

Agreeing with Suzanne. And to Paula: so that explains things. ;) Looks like you have the start of a comic novel...

Oh dear, :o:blush5::ohmy::laugh: I blame menopause. It was a hard life, living in the back of a freezer truck. :tongue_smilie: Then one day my knight saved me from freezer burn, he thawed my heart, and that was it.