Menu

Kindle Fire enabler alert $154.99

I scored an open box one at Best Buy today for $154.99. They were marked $179.99 and Best Buy is offering a $25 coupon off an open box tablet dropping it to $154.99.

They have a 14 day return policy and it comes with the full warranty.

Wow! Not a good thread for me to see. I'm a gadget junkie!:lol:

I am considering getting one. I have been for a while. I have been looking at maybe doing the Audible special (subscribe to Audible for $14.99/mo and get $100 off a Kindle at Amazon.)

I love audio books. I like to read too, but I can listen while I clean or exercise, which would really help me get in my 52 books for 2012. Add those 12 audio books to the free lending library from Amazon, and that already gives me 24 books for the year.

Thinking, thinking.....

I am considering getting one. I have been for a while. I have been looking at maybe doing the Audible special (subscribe to Audible for $14.99/mo and get $100 off a Kindle at Amazon.)

I love audio books. I like to read too, but I can listen while I clean or exercise, which would really help me get in my 52 books for 2012. Add those 12 audio books to the free lending library from Amazon, and that already gives me 24 books for the year.

Thinking, thinking.....

Not to push you over the edge or anything, but Audible on the Kindle Fire ROCKS!

tell me more....

The app is rock solid on it. That's the most important thing. And, it's intuitive, and robust. No clunky download interface.

The kids like listening to stories before going to sleep, and I love the "transistor radio" quality the Fire had in its external speakers.:001_smile: Kind of like the old days of kids hiding under the covers listening to the radio... So the kids go to bed listening to children's books.

Then for me, I often wake in the middle of the night. So, I'll grab my Fire and put in my earbuds. Fire on Audible, with a book or performance set to sleep mode in 30 minutes... I'm not struggling with insomnia anymore! (I often have to back up the book/show 10 minutes the next night, but it's easy to do.)

Amazingly, I've done more listening than reading so far with the Kindle Fire.