Menu

why was sotw revised?

iona

I was wondering why the first two sotw volumes were revised and if the third and fourth would be. Was it just for typos, or were there major changes?

I was thinking of buying all of the volumes but didn't want to if there were plans for revisions.

I think she revises it to make it better. When the first volume was written her children were very young. Now, she has 4 kids, has attended numerous homeschooling conventions, got SCADS of feedback from real homeschoolers, had to learn to navigate the very, ahem, honest feedback that comes from the internet and Amazon, seen an explosion in available homeschooling materials, seen other stuff go out of print, sent a kid off to college, etc, etc.

The homeschooling world has changed a lot since 1999. SWB has changed a lot since 1999. TWTM has changed along with them.

So far, it has been revised every 5 years. But, I don't know if that is a given. I have no idea if a revision is in the making for 2014

My opinion after researching this before: They got enough feedback while SOTW was being written since it took several years that by the time they started book 3 they realized what they wanted to do and made vol 1 & 2 match the new 3 & 4 layout.

That said there are changes between printings as well. I have the revised activity guide, text, and audio cds for vol 2 but there are slight differences in the text since the text book I bought brand new but the others, although revised editions, are previous printings. So far the only noticeable difference is how Mohammed's vision is described. I am hoping they will add this info to their errata page for Peace Hill Press products online for those of us who obsess over tiny details...:) (that's refund to me)