Menu

Talk to me about....

NatashainDFW

My Father's World. We are considering doing Adventures while adding higher level math and at least their recommendation for third grade language arts if not fourth. Can you tell me what you liked, didn't like, strengths and weaknesses of the program? I really want something that he will enjoy that allows me to challenge him with math/English without completely changing everything else.

I do very much enjoy MFW. But I haven't used their Adventures year. We are in ECC and plan to use the 5 year cycle. You know, I didn't take their recommendation for LA (Primary and Intermediary Language Lessons), thought it was too "light" and now I regret it and will be starting with it this next semester. Now that I've found it and have read through it, I really like the approach it takes. So we will be doing that this next semester along with a smattering of other LA products for spelling, handwriting. Hope that helps a little.

We are only in Week 7 in Adventures but enjoying it. We also don't do the suggested La or math. I hear alot of moms say they really dislike the 1 state a day theme near the end but we plan to highlight 1 per region every week and learn about that state and make a mini notebook.

I also didn't buy the packaged student pages from mfw. I purchased the whole curriculum used --minus the sheets. I bought them here. http://www.currclick.com/product_info.php?products_id=30950

They seem to be working so far. Hope that helps.