Menu

Best. Gift. Ever.

Some on here may remember me posting about how my mother abandonded me as a child when I was 8. She just plain ol' quit coming to visitation. Long story, very sad, very involved. I was raised by dad and stepmom. I looked my mom up when I was 17, she lived across town, :001_huh:, went to see her, she didn't recognize me. We talked for a bit, gave her my info, she never followed up.

Very long story short there. :tongue_smilie:

Anyway, fast forward to today. December 26, 2011. My mom's sister, Aunt Sharon, whom, I foggily remember snippits of from about age 4 or 5 (from before we were forbidden from seeing anyone blood related to my mom), FRIENDED ME ON FACEBOOK. I'm so exicted. The sweet lady even said she would understand if I didn't want to friend her and 'open old wounds'. Good gracious lady, I've been LONGING to find you all! I am currently 'friends' with my cousin, aunt, and uncle on facebook. You have no idea what this means to me. We were not allowed to even speak of my mother's family, let alone see them or spend time with them. I lost all contact with them. This is quite a thing.

It's not my mother. But it's her family. And they loved me. They *love* me now, and according to Aunt Sharon, they have always, and have been thinking of me and my sisters. :001_smile:

Me very happy. :D

Some on here may remember me posting about how my mother abandonded me as a child when I was 8. She just plain ol' quit coming to visitation. Long story, very sad, very involved. I was raised by dad and stepmom. I looked my mom up when I was 17, she lived across town, :001_huh:, went to see her, she didn't recognize me. We talked for a bit, gave her my info, she never followed up.

Anyway, fast forward to today. December 26, 2011. My mom's sister, Aunt Sharon, whom, I foggily remember snippits of from about age 4 or 5 (from before we were forbidden from seeing anyone blood related to my mom), FRIENDED ME ON FACEBOOK. I'm so exicted. The sweet lady even said she would understand if I didn't want to friend her and 'open old wounds'. Good gracious lady, I've been LONGING to find you all! I am currently 'friends' with my cousin, aunt, and uncle on facebook. You have no idea what this means to me. We were not allowed to even speak of my mother's family, let alone see them or spend time with them. I lost all contact with them. This is quite a thing.

It's not my mother. But it's her family. And they loved me. They *love* me now, and according to Aunt Sharon, they have always, and have been thinking of me and my sisters. :001_smile:

That is incredbile! :grouphug:

Hi Bethany,

I saw your post & was thrilled for you! I hope that this will help you to fill in the gaps and make connections to your Mom.

I hear the excitement that you are experiencing in the new knowledge that family that you thought had no thought or love for you in fact do love you. ; )

Blessings & Have a wonderful 2012,

Barbara in NH

This brought tears to my eyes :grouphug:!