Menu

Lending library?

Hi

I was thinking we could lend each other curriculum?

People could lend their used curriculum.

Other people would get on a waiting list for curriculum.

The first person wanting to borrow could pay postage, use it for 6

months or a year (or however long)

and then mail it to the next person on the waiting list.

The only way to get on a waiting list to borrow curriculum

is if you lend curriculum.

If the person borrowing doesn't like it, they mail it along

to the next person in line.

You can request your curriculum back after 6 months or a year (or however long).

WE COULD ALSO HAVE:

The 'Checkout if it works for you' Library.

People agree to lend their used curriculum.

The borrower pays for packaging and postage.

The borrower returns it in 4 weeks or less.

Again, you can borrow if you lend.

Ideas?

I think this would be a little tough to administer across such a large geographic area.

And I think that it is challenging to loan things. The question of ownership gets muddled when a book has been with someone else for several months.

But I have been in support groups with a lending library or had local or church libraries that made sure their collections supported homeschooler needs. maybe a real life group could be what you're looking for.

I think this would be a little tough to administer across such a large geographic area.

And I think that it is challenging to loan things. The question of ownership gets muddled when a book has been with someone else for several months.

But I have been in support groups with a lending library or had local or church libraries that made sure their collections supported homeschooler needs. maybe a real life group could be what you're looking for.

I agree, I have had difficulties getting things back from local folks who I loaned things to. I can't imagine distance would make that easier. I don't think people intend to keep stuff, but it happens.

You might also want to look into Paper Back Swap. I have gotten some great stuff through the site. And I've been able to convert books I was never going to use again into just what I needed.

Some of the homeschooling stuff has a long wait list. But I got several older copies of Ecce Romani and a bunch of intro level college texts on earth science and biology (including things like test banks) in the last year. It's been a real boon for us.

I agree, I have had difficulties getting things back from local folks who I loaned things to. I can't imagine distance would make that easier. I don't think people intend to keep stuff, but it happens.

Same here. Now I don't like to let anything leave my house unless I don't care about ever getting it back.

Same here. Now I don't like to let anything leave my house unless I don't care about ever getting it back.

:iagree: This is my rule. I will generally give away things when I'm finally ready to release it.

I've borrowed items before, but it was hard because I like to write in everything and I had to restrain myself.