Menu

10 days late, and not with the rent...

Sorry, I haven't posted much here since I was Kay in Cal, but life has been totally in flux. I just don't have any other group of women to ask.

I'm rarely late. The most I've ever tracked myself as fluctuating is three days.

Now, the caveat is that I've never been pregnant before without clomid, so I haven't worried about birth control in years (I'm 41). But two months ago I started taking estrogen patches to help with an unrelated issue.

Could I really be pregnant? I haven't talked to dh, he would probably freak. I know that if I use a test and it's negative, I'm going to be so depressed... And I'm just recovering from depression.

For the past two days I've been so tired I can hardly stand it, which could just be the holiday. See, I'm already getting too excited. It just doesn't seem possible.

So what should I do... Wait longer? Take the test and get it over with? I would so loove another baby, it would just be a huge surprise.

I would test. I know what you mean, though. I've BTDT. I've taken tests with no good reason, just because I had one around and had a 3-day headache or something. :grouphug:

Sorry, I haven't posted much here since I was Kay in Cal, but life has been totally in flux. I just don't have any other group of women to ask.

I'm rarely late. The most I've ever tracked myself as fluctuating is three days.

Now, the caveat is that I've never been pregnant before without clomid, so I haven't worried about birth control in years (I'm 41). But two months ago I started taking estrogen patches to help with an unrelated issue.

Could I really be pregnant? I haven't talked to dh, he would probably freak. I know that if I use a test and it's negative, I'm going to be so depressed... And I'm just recovering from depression.

For the past two days I've been so tired I can hardly stand it, which could just be the holiday. See, I'm already getting too excited. It just doesn't seem possible.

So what should I do... Wait longer? Take the test and get it over with? I would so loove another baby, it would just be a huge surprise.

Welcome back, Kay! It's great to see you here again.

If I were you I'd take a test. I know I wouldn't be thinking about anything else until I knew for sure.

Ok, you guys are right. Waiting won't make me feel any better about a neg result. I'll probably take it, see the minus, and start my period that moment from stress release, right? I'll go out to the drugstore now, but if it is neg I'll be looking for virtual shoulders to cry on. Sigh. Here goes. I'm going. Now. Really. I'll post when I'm back with the test.

My 3 boys are from Clomid. We stopped "trying" for kids with the three boys. We bought a truck.. and a 5th wheel to pull behind it for family vacations... The next week I KNEW. All the signs were there. I was still nursing my baby, and hadnt had A/F.. So being tired and not having a period were normal. It was the NAUSEA and dizziness that tipped me off lol.

My little girl was a nice surprise! Even if I had to sell the truck and trailer HAHAHA

If it's meant to be it's meant to be. I certainly didnt expect to have a surprise after all the years of trying. After my dd was born I needed a hysterectomy. I think of it as God telling me, "You arent done yet, theres a little one here waiting for you." Then after I had her he said "Now you're done"

We've often thought about adopting another little girl.

Edited by Mesa

I'm so sorry. I've also been there :grouphug: (AM there!) and I know how hard it is. I'm in the first stages of menopause myself and have had a very irregular cycle since DD was born, and I end up POAS practically every month since I'm always "late", just hoping. I HATE seeing that BFN, but for me, it is easier than hanging on to hope only to get my pd eventually anyway.

Hugs your boys. I'm glad for you that you have them. :grouphug:

Bummer. It was negative. Now I'm sad, and Still 10 days late. I guess I'll see a doc in a week or so if it never shows up. Sigh. I just knew it had to be too good to be true. At least I got to daydream for a few days.:sad::sad::sad:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: :grouphug:

I am right there where you are. Last month I was a week late and tested, hoping for a positive but nope. The thought of a baby gets me giddy, so a negative adds to the hormonal mess. Sorry.