Menu

Are you ready?!

I am done! With 30 minutes to spare! Woohoo! :D

My kids and DH are all napping. Pies are baked, casseroles made and fruit cut up. The last load of laundry is rumbling in the dryer. Clothes for tonight and tomorrow are ready (with back-ups for kids). Gifts are wrapped. Santa's treasure trove is hidden and ready to come out after kids have gone to sleep tonight.

My house is clean enough.

I and going to have a nice cup of ginger-pear white tea and a square of dark chocolate and read for 30 minutes until it's time to get dressed for church and wake up the nappers.

Merry Christmas to all and to all an early good night! :D

SHUT UP~!

Oh that may not be the response you were looking for......;)

I am actually close......although not with the cooking. I did make some Starbuck's Cranberry Bliss bars and I have wrapped almost all the presents.

Edited by DawnM

Just got home from Trader Joe's with all the food. :001_smile:

I am going to try to get the wrapping done this afternoon before church, rather than waiting until ds goes to bed tonight. Wrapping always takes a lot longer than I think it will!

Dinner tonight will be tacos, rice, and beans. Dessert after church will be Japanese-style Christmas cake.

Wendi

All presents are wrapped and under the tree. Stocking stuff is in my closet, waiting until the kids are in bed.

Steak is marinating for tonight's fondue, pound cake just came out of the oven for the dessert fondue, rolls are in the bread maker, gingerbread cookie dough is chilling in the fridge, cranberry sauce is made.

I'd like to get the apple and pumpkin pies cooked tonight, as well as the potato/sausage casserole cooked for the morning. If the timing works, I want to make the mashed potatoes tonight too, but that can wait until tomorrow.

For some reason, I decided that all our beds needed to be stripped and washed - don't know what I was thinking. I'm even doing the mattress covers and duvets:confused:

The kids have been great helps too - keeping busy, cleaning the bathroom, folding laundry, making beds, etc..

I have to leave the computer in a few minutes to put the white tablecloth on the table. Then I have to see if the dishwasher is done since I need to get a bowl from there to reconstitute dried mushrooms. After that, I need to check how long the soup will take. We will have our main meal early today because the girls are singing at the 7pm service.

I have the last batch of cookies in the oven (peppermint meringue) and still need to shower, then I will be done.

Bird feeders are fully stocked.

Presents (Christmas and birthday :tongue_smilie:) are wrapped and ready.

Supper is super-easy -- tamales just need to be heated.

Dishwasher running and dryer going.

Lunch for tomorrow is as prepped and ready as possible.

Guess I still need to vacuum, but I was planning to push that off on DH until I remembered I had asked him to oversee cookie decorating later on. *That* will send him into overload.

No. lol Pumpkin bread is baking so I can soak it over night for bakes French toast. Dh is making tonight's dinner for us to take to my mom's house (she's making something we can't eat, with my full approval, because it's the easiest way to feed everyone). Wrapping is not quite done. Santa made one wayward stop at dh's best friend's house to keep things on the down-low, so that needs dealing with when the kids are asleep. And Im laying in bed because I'm sick and trying to feel as well as I can for tonight. I think Mass may have to wait until next year. :(

I am on break. I was awaken this morning by the sound of ds getting ill....food poisoning. Not to much clean up. thankfully. So I've been up and going ever since. I have last load of wash in the dryer, all dishes finished. Bacon wrapped smokies in the oven, meatballs in the crockpot. Since this morning regular house tiding, breakfast made, dishes washed, painted sugar cookies made, gingerbreadmen decorated, red velvet cake and jello mold made for tomorrow, picked up dh gift, picked up pizza for lunch, clean kitchen, clean kitchen, do laundry, table cloth on the table everything ready to go. All this was accomplished with the help of the kids. Poor ds has been out all day, I have been waking him up reminding him to atleast take fluids. He was to work all day and have a Christmas party after work. DH is assembling his Christmas gift so he can use it tomorrow (it's a smoker).

MIL called mid-morning to tell us she has the flu and won't be able to host us all tomorrow so I majorly had to switch gears. I decided to do all the wrapping this morning (3 hours worth) and then start in on shopping and food preparations with what remaining time I have.

Appetizers tonight and then I'll do roast beef sandwiches and simple sides tomorrow.

What gets done gets done.