Menu

Makeup question

I use Tarte Recreate foundation. It's amazing and extremely light! It doesn't feel like your wearing makeup at all! I have very red cheeks (Rosacea) and it covers like nothing else I have tried. I used Mac until I found this. The Mac was very heavy, but I lived with it because it had great coverage. I will never go back to Mac now.

Im not sure the Tarte will cover acne, but you could try the Mac full coverage which covers anything! It may not be too heavy for you.

Edited by parias1126

Beth, I use Advance Concealer by Clinique. I am not really a fan of Clinique, but they make the best concealers that I've ever used (they also have this concealer, which supposedly has even better coverage than the one I use.) I have stage II rosacea and the Advance Concealer covers it up completely.

has some amazing tips. I don't think I could afford the products in her entire regimen, but the transformation is incredible.

I use Tarte Recreate foundation. It's amazing and extremely light! It doesn't feel like your wearing makeup at all! I have very red cheeks (Rosacea) and it covers like nothing else I have tried. I used Mac until I found this. The Mac was very heavy, but I lived with it because it had great coverage. I will never go back to Mac now.

Im not sure the Tarte will cover acne, but you could try the Mac full coverage which covers anything! It may not be too heavy for you.

I just read your post after I posted. I have Rosacea too so I know what you've been through. I use concealer over the majority of my face. I'm glad you found something that works- I'll have to keep that in mind in case Clinique stops making mine!

Are you also using a green ... like, dusting powder underneath your concealer? It will help hide the red without getting too cakey, before you add foundation.

I get redness around my nose; it's not like what you describe, so I'm not sure if my suggestion will help, but I first dust with green color correction powder then I top it with regular foundation. I use mineral makeup for both. I hate the feeling of heavy makeup, so the mineral stuff works wonderfully: great coverage and feels light. I can control coverage based on any given day's needs by simply using a different brush to apply it; it's not like being locked in with a regular liquid foundation.

I used Bare Minerals for awhile, but some ingredient was irritating my skin. I've since switched to Everyday Minerals, which is not only free of that irritant but is also cheaper. For just a few dollars to cover shipping they sent a variety of color matches and texture types (matte, shiny, etc.) so I didn't have to shell out a lot committing to an unknown/unfamiliar product. Their holiday special is 7 (generous) samples for shipping, which typically runs me ~ $5.

They're online and ship within 24 hours. I'm extremely happy with their product AND their customer service. I don't have acne scars, but my skintone is very uneven -and red by my nose- this makeup fixes it all. Pretty sure it's www.everydayminerals.com to see their stuff.

They're online and ship within 24 hours. I'm extremely happy with their product AND their customer service. I don't have acne scars, but my skintone is very uneven -and red by my nose- this makeup fixes it all. Pretty sure it's www.everydayminerals.com to see their stuff.

I like the idea of samples. What do I get? I see they offer one shade of concealer. Do I get that? I don't know what the rest of the stuff is. They have matte, semi-matte, and IT samples. Can you recommend what I should get?

Back in the days when I wore makeup, I wore Clinique. I could try their products again. I see they have a product called Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector. I wonder if this would work?

To be honest, I'm trying to find something I can just put on the cheeks without having to cover the entire face. That is why I need something that will blend into the skin tone very well. I'm asking for dd19 who has uneven skin tone and those stupid red marks left behind by acne. They've been there for months so it's not just a matter of a few days of healing. I'm also trying to put together a regimen for ds15 who has worse acne. His acne is clearing up nicely but he has the leftover red marks as well. I bet he wouldn't mind putting a little concealer on his spots sometimes too, but obviously he isn't going to want a face full of makeup!

I like the idea of samples. What do I get? I see they offer one shade of concealer. Do I get that? I don't know what the rest of the stuff is. They have matte, semi-matte, and IT samples. Can you recommend what I should get?

I use mineral makeup, too, but like Meow Cosmetics for foundation (I've tried Everyday Minerals, Alima Pure, and several others). Meow has a wide range of shades so you can get the right match for your skin, and they also have samples. Everyday Minerals left my skin too shiny looking - it didn't irritate it or anything and covered well, but there was too much shine.

http://meowcosmetics.com/Foundation.htm

To be honest, I'm trying to find something I can just put on the cheeks without having to cover the entire face. That is why I need something that will blend into the skin tone very well. I'm asking for dd19 who has uneven skin tone and those stupid red marks left behind by acne. They've been there for months so it's not just a matter of a few days of healing. I'm also trying to put together a regimen for ds15 who has worse acne. His acne is clearing up nicely but he has the leftover red marks as well. I bet he wouldn't mind putting a little concealer on his spots sometimes too, but obviously he isn't going to want a face full of makeup!

Tell her they will go away eventually. When I was 19, my face was a horrible mass of red scars. By the time I was 21 or so (after pregnancy) the red was completely gone. I still have some pitting, but the redness is no longer there at all.

It's not a foundation, but I have used this product from Estee Lauder: http://www.esteelauder.com/product/689/14025/Product-Catalog/Skincare/By-Category/Repair-Serums/Idealist/Even-Skintone-Illuminator/index.tmpl

I never had bad acne until about 5 or 6 years ago, then whammo! Hormones went crazy, and I started getting really bad cystic acne- the kind that required both topical and oral antibiotics for months to get rid of. The cysts are pretty much gone (or at least under control,) but now I have a lot of residual redness and a couple of icky scars. After trying about a dozen different concealers, I broke down and bought a bottle of the Idealist even-skintone stuff. It's expensive, but wow! It works as promised! And your dd could probably get away with a less expensive concealer/foundation if this works as well for her as it does for me! See if you can get a sample from the Estee counter. They're usually really good about keeping a stock of samples.

Aloette has a mineral pressed powder foundation that doubles as a concealer and it works very well. I have acne scars and rosacea. I just bought something else last week to save a few bucks, and it doesn't cover the red nearly as well! Aloette's foundation is $20.50 plus shipping.

Edited by LizzyBee

I use a green cover stick. green is opposite red on the color wheel, so it would negate the red, but not affect skin tone.

:iagree: I've got that ruddy Irish thing going and a little (cheap) green stick under mineral powder is all I need to look nice and even. It hides the redness, but not the freckles so I don't look like a vampire :-)

Tell her they will go away eventually. When I was 19, my face was a horrible mass of red scars. By the time I was 21 or so (after pregnancy) the red was completely gone. I still have some pitting, but the redness is no longer there at all.

Not necessarily. I am 38...

I just read your post after I posted. I have Rosacea too so I know what you've been through. I use concealer over the majority of my face. I'm glad you found something that works- I'll have to keep that in mind in case Clinique stops making mine!

Oh my goodness! You don't need to wear concealer all over your face. I used to use Cliniques products for redness. They didn't work. Try Tarte if you want to stay light. If you are wearing concealer all over though, even the Mac would be lighter than that. Seriously, try it. I couldn't imagine concealer all over. Also, the best thing I have found is over the counter after 8 years of searching. It's only around $10.....Proseaca. Most of my redness is gone and the lumps are nonexistent!

I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Sorry! Carry on...:leaving:

If you shop at Sephora, they are always extremely generous with samples and they never mind if you ask for one.

I don't use concealer because I never learned to apply it well; it gets cakey on me. I have oily skin and work in a deyhydrating environment so my face is a confused mess that doesn't know what to make of itself.

I use the green color corrector for the red, and I find that the mineral makeup does an excellent job covering up the rest. After the green, I get a concealer brush and apply some of the foundation powder directly to the problem area; then I do an all-over with a bigger brush. It does the job! I freckle during the summer, and it even covers up all of my freckles.

I prefer to look dewy, but I've found the matte does a better covering job; my compromise was the semi-matte, but you can get samples of each one to see. IMO the difference between matte and semi-matte was negligible on my face. I spritz my face with water or spray lotion after applying the makeup so that it looks a bit more dewy. Or I apply everything but liner and mascara then take a quick bath or shower - the steam doesn't smudge my makeup, but it makes me look less slapped together.

Someone else recommended Meow, and I've also heard positive reviews about that brand. Mineral makeup took me awhile to figure out the art of applying well, but I haven't looked back (and this is where we thank the universe for YouTube tutorials).