Jump to content


California Peeps...

Recommended Posts

The huz and I will be moving to California for six months.


We will start our school year in NV, work through most of the year in CA, and then likely finish our year in the DC area.


Do you think I still need to file paperwork with the school board in CA? I looked at HSLDA and am still scratching my head in confusion over the exact HSing requirements/laws. Basically, I think I need to declare our homeschool a "private" school and that's it???


Or do I wait until we're in DC/VA and file paperwork there?


Do both?:svengo:




Thoughts? Advice?? Suggestions???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not recommending this to you, but *I* would only bother filing if you are living here in that October 1-15th window. We moved here mid year, and I didn't bother filing till the following October.


California Education Code 33190:

Every person, firm, association, partnership, or corporation offering or conducting private school instruction on the elementary or high school level shall between the first and 15th day of October of each year, commencing on October 1, 1967, file with the Superintendent of Public Instruction an affidavit or statement, under penalty of perjury, by the owner or other head setting forth the following information for the current year.


I took the Oct 1-15th thing literally. I'm lazy like that. However, I believe the official advice is to file when you establish your school.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...