Menu

Ok this may be a dumb question for Bosch mixer owners but...

Do you own another mixer too? I love my Bosch for making bread, but really dislike it when I'm making cookies or a cake. For a cake it's just so big and hard to scrape out the batter. For cookies it seems that even with the cookie paddles the creaming never works like it should for me. I've thought about getting a KA artisan for the small simple stuff and keeping my Bosch for the heavy duty bread making and things like that.

I have a little hand mixer that I've had for 15+ years that I've always used for cakes. Cakes have such a thin batter that I can't imagine bothering to use the Bosch for it (but my Bosch doesn't reside on my counter so I have to get it out of the cupboard to use it). I don't have the cookies paddles so I have improvised for cookies. Use the wire wisks for creaming the butter sugar, eggs and vanilla and than switch to the dough hook for mixing in the flour. Works great and I don't have to spend $40 for the cookie paddles.

I still have my KA stand mixer and also a KA hand mixer. I use the Bosch for bread and the hand mixer for almost everything else, except cake recipes from The Cake Bible, and things like homemade marshmallows (which I don't make all that often). I could probably live w/o the KA stand mixer, but I just haven't wanted to get rid of it.

Do you own another mixer too? I love my Bosch for making bread, but really dislike it when I'm making cookies or a cake. For a cake it's just so big and hard to scrape out the batter. For cookies it seems that even with the cookie paddles the creaming never works like it should for me. I've thought about getting a KA artisan for the small simple stuff and keeping my Bosch for the heavy duty bread making and things like that.

I own a Bosch and a Kitchen Aid. I don't normally like owning a 1 use appliance, but my Bosch is almost exclusively used for making bread. I do use it sometimes when I'm making a large amount of meat-loaf - but that's rare now that I've got 4 kids out of the house.

Do you have the appropriate beaters for cookies and cakes? I'm waiting on my whisps for cakes but I used the cookie paddles and they worked great for creaming.

I am holding onto my KA until I decide for sure I don't need it. I also have a handheld mixer. I would love to downsize to just the Bosch.

Yes, in my original post I mentioned that I have the cookie paddles. I still don't seem to get as good a result as when I used to have my KA. I hated my KA for bread which is why I got the Bosch. Maybe my cookie batches are too small for good results.

Yes, in my original post I mentioned that I have the cookie paddles. I still don't seem to get as good a result as when I used to have my KA. I hated my KA for bread which is why I got the Bosch. Maybe my cookie batches are too small for good results.

I hate my KA for making bread. It just doesn't do as good of a job.

But yeah, you need a big batch of cookie dough to make it work. Just like the Bosch doesn't really work that well on small batches of bread.

ok well, I tried another batch of cookies in my bosch and had the same not so nice results. I could see it working great if I was making huge batches, but we just don't eat that many cookies and have nobody to give them to.

I was looking at Amazon and saw they had an apple green artisan for $239, so I got it. I know it's not the greatest deal they've ever had but it's the color I've been wanting and I know I like the artisans results when it comes to cakes and cookies. Wish I would have hung on to my other one. Luckily my MIL gave me money for a holiday gift that was able to cover it.