Menu

What yummy munchy can we have with our movie instead of popcorn?

Poor ds8 can't have it because of his palate expander/braces. We are having tortilla chips with guacamole the next day so that rules out nachos, 7 layer dip, etc., and even potato chips (too similar). He can't have nuts either.

It's a special movie night so I want something a little bit special (doesn't have to be fancy).

Sweet potato fries and ranch dressing are a favorite here! For Christmas growing up, mom would often get some of those frozen appetizers (terrible for you, but yummy!) in the grocery store and cook up a bunch of those for a meal while we watched a movie. Potato puffs, pizza rolls, buffalo chicken strips, fried green beans, and taquitos were the favorites.

What in the world are Pirate Booty and Reindeer Kisses??? Is it something you make or buy? If you make it, recipes please!:D

I don't know about Reindeer Kisses but Pirate Booty is something you buy. It is a healthier sort of salty snack food like cheese curls, only made with vegetables. I don't actually like it, but my kid thinks it's awesome.

I don't know about Reindeer Kisses but Pirate Booty is something you buy. It is a healthier sort of salty snack food like cheese curls, only made with vegetables. I don't actually like it, but my kid thinks it's awesome.

Reindeer Kisses (AFAIK) are pretzels topped with a slightly melted Hershey's Kiss with a M&M smooshed on top.

Thank you!:)

You can make a chex cereal with some melted white chocolate and crushed candy canes. I really, really pulverized the candy canes, so they wouldn't hurt sore teeth. This makes a crunchy sweet snack. 6 c of chex cereal, i pkg of white choc chips, about 6 candy canes pulverized in the food processor. Melt the chocolate and pour over the chex mix, stirring constantly to coat it, then sprinkle on the candy canes. If I recall, I did mix in some of the candy canes into the chocolate before pouring it.

If I wanted salty, which I always do :tongue_smilie:, I'd probably just get some Funyuns, or Bugles, or Cheetos. Just enough different from regular chips that you didn't want, but great for munchy kids. My kids love Pirates Booty too, but it's too expensive. I sometimes get the Cheetos PuffCorn stuff. It's a mystery food, but a good little treat when you want something junky.